Game does not connect to Battle.net?

1. I bought a boxed copy of the game, and after installing it, it patched perfectly, but the game wouldn't connect to battle.net, saying:

"The game is awaiting a response from battle.net. The service may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down. If you are not connected in a few moments, please check your internet connection and try again."

After a while, the box is replaced by one saying:

"Battle.net may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down. Please check your connection and try again."

I then uninstalled it and downloaded it from battle.net, then installed that version. It still has the same problem.

I've unblocked the program on Windows Firewall, and everything else works fine. I've also tried running the program as an administrator.

I've also tried all the troubleshooting on the Blizzard site (flush DNS cache, reset modem, unblock ports, etc. And the traceroute works perfectly.)

Is there something I'm missing? I'm running Windows Vista on a Toshiba Athlon laptop.

User Info: ChairYeoman

ChairYeoman - 6 years ago
    Never got my IP banned, and never played Diablo II. I played the original StarCraft though- and its working fine. Besides, I changed my ISP about a month ago so whatever I did can't still be there.

User Info: ChairYeoman

ChairYeoman - 6 years ago
    I have the same problem connecting to the game, I'm also getting a message: "The game is awaiting a response from battle.net. The service may be temporarily unavailable or your internet connection may be down. If you are not connected in a few moments, please check your internet connection and try again."

Does anyone have the answer to this yet?

Please let me know.

User Info: dawrkhorse780

dawrkhorse780 - 6 years ago

Answers

1. Did you ever play Diablo II and use cheats to get your IP banned?

User Info: Outlaw4355

Outlaw4355 - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. I have the same problem, just can't log in. And I've never played any Diablo games. I hope it just some server problems...

User Info: LYQ_ImprezaSTi

LYQ_ImprezaSTi - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. No cheats/cracks/warez used here.

The game was running great until I began having this problem on August 3. I can login to battle.net with my browser but not with the game. I get the message:

I've tried disabling my firewall, opened ports 1119 - 1120 and 6112 6119. I even tried opening all ports.

Ive noticed that since the latest patch, when starting the game there is a Starcraft II graphic thay says:

Launcher connecting to patch server

Maybe the last patch did some voodoo to our connections?

User Info: sunishun

sunishun - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. I had this problem the first time I tried.. then I tried again at 2:30 am (eastern time) and it worked... has worked fine ever since.. I have a feeling the problems you are all experiencing is ue to server bottle neck....try logging in at an odd non-peak time for your first connection.

User Info: donbat143

donbat143 - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. if you run windows Vista that could be your problem altogether. Take a look at the booklet that was provided with your purchase to check their quick FAQ's fix's to windows Vista and windows 7 operations. Or go onto the FAQ section on battle net. you can also submit your question to battlene.net or blizzard.com via email or get online support if you feel like waiting.

User Info: Skarax

Skarax - 6 years ago 0 0