Question from squarefood24

Why pay?

Why do you have to pay to play the single player? And what are you paying for?

squarefood24 provided additional details:

Ok, I need to ask this differently. I bought the disc from gamestop, installed it, and am waiting for highspeed connection. A friend told me you have to pay more just to play any part of the game period, but he downloaded it. If i bought the disc, do i have to pay extra?

dinokiller14 answered:

Yes and no.
No, because if u buyed the game, everything will be playable. Your friend is either mistaken or lying.

Yes, because DLC like Heart of the Swarm or Legacy of the Void arent free and has to be buyed.
But its not out yet.
0 0

Answers

ANA_Angels_Rock answered:

Technically you don't have to pay for the single player. You can download the game client from battle.net and play as a guest (for a limited time).

But honestly, just buy the game. It's really good. The multiplayer is fun, the single player campaign is pretty dang good (contrary to popular belief), and the game has endless replay value. You're paying for an awesome story, good graphics, and the ability to play it over and over again without getting bored (i.e. achievements, etc).
0 0