Question from mrjjoey

How do I go about changing my government?

Im playing Prussia, which starts as an absolute monarchy.

Mostly for sh*ts and giggles i'd like to get a revolution going to change my government. Sadly, even if i take my entire army out of my capital and raise the taxes to the highest level, my people simply refuse to revolt. I get annoying rebellions in other cities, but it seems the guys in my capital just love me too much.

Is there anything else i can do to bring on the revolution?

sophocles5 answered:

Raise taxes as high as possible and exempt other regions from taxes to stop them from revolting, that along with the removal of all garrisons in the capitol will help. You must also be fairly far in research on the philosophical branch to get a high clamor for reform. If that doesn't do it try either building more universities or more high level workshops in the region, don't be afraid to destroy some useless towns like pleasure palaces and church schools, each adds to the level of discontent of the lower classes.

Just to make it clear, each government has two classes. The upper class in an absolute monarchy is the nobility and the lower class is the peasantry. In a constitutional monarchy the upper class is the nobility and the lower class is the middle class. In a republic the upper class is the middle class and the lower class is the peasantry.

Each class has a base government that they will revolt to, the nobility to absolute monarchy, the middle class to constitutional monarchy and the peasantry to a republic. In each government there is a base class that if revolts will end the revolution with the same government type only with different leadership. The only way to change government type is to have the non base class revolt meaning that government type can only go absolute to republic to constitutional to absolute again. I'm fairly sure this is way that revolutions function in E:TW.
0 0

Answers

scaredofstuff12 answered:

Research more philosophical technologies until the "clamor for reform" stat gets high in your capitol and leads to alot of unrest. Eventually, without a garrison and with high taxes they will revolt, and you can choose a side in the revolution.

Make the lower classes unhappy to create a republic, make the nobility unhappy to create a constitutional monarchy.
0 0