Does Gothic 1 & 2 Vista compatible?

1. I'm thinking about getting the Gothic Universe but I've read a bunch of reviews of people having problems with the first two games running on Vista.

User Info: Bhain

Bhain - 6 years ago

Answers

1. I`ve got vista and the landscape disappears in 1 and 2 while I`m playing. Wouldnt recommend buying with vista.

User Info: gcmklein

gcmklein - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. This is too funny. I just today loaded Gothic 1 again on my Vista pc; haven't played it in several years. Have been playing Risen and wanted to see one of my favorites again. Lo and behold...the very same day others report the landscape keeps disappearing. I had just hopped in here to see if anyone else was having the same issue.

User Info: srpatterso

srpatterso - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. I definitely had the randomly disappearing landscape issue; if I shut the game down, started it up again, and reloaded my last save the landscape would be present again, but only for randomly varying times. I went to the nVidia site (I have the GTS 250), let the site scan my card, downloaded the suggested driver update package, installed, and the game has been running perfectly since then with all settings maxed out. Look amazing; the way the designers wanted it to be seen.

User Info: srpatterso

srpatterso - 6 years ago 0 0

Question Status
Disc 2 questions? Unresolved