Question from NuclearSunset

Is this 'nest' supposed to be lootable?

I was just wanderin around and I noticed something I can't figure out. I killed a big ant by some tall rocks and then I saw a nest like thing in the side of the rock, just above my head. It glows and sparkles like I'm suppose to do something, but I can't pick anything up or loot it or anything. Is it part of a quest or something?

cuteselene asked for clarification::

Could you please mention where is it

NuclearSunset provided additional details:

If you follow the road south from Halhin, all the way down to a marker labelled "Building Site" and a quest giving NPC named Kafil, it's just west of the road right there. But not as far west as the quest-maker Kafil gives you. It's much closer to the road......
Sorry I didn't say where before, I just assumed it wasn't an object specific to a single locale........

character doesn't do anything with it cuz it doesn't give me any option, no icon or anything. It does look like I an insect mound, but its not on the ground - its sticking out of the side of a tall rock just above my head. I'm using a 360 controller and I doubt that's my prob but I'll try keyboard mouse to be sure maybe I can get a better angle on it that way or something.....

Gh0st_F4c3 answered:

*SPOLIERS*

It sounds as though you are looking at a Termite Mound.

You can select the "nest" part, a hole in the mound that should sparkle to let you know it is usable.

Some of them are just too high to reach and activate - it may be possible by standing in a certain position, or looking at a certain angle.

I have still not found a way to reach some of these mounds. Besides, inside you will find Termite Eggs (Alchemical Ingredient) which are also related to a quest.
0 0

Answers

WaywardWeirdo answered:

Did your character does something with it? Like bend and act like he tries to open a chest. If so, you may have to move a little bit and press space again and again (and again and again.) I assume you mean termites' mound by 'nest.'
0 0

How do I use the plants and stuff I found? Unanswered kermit1422
What version is the full version including all DLC? Unanswered Eradicator_Z
How can i change the language back to englis? Unanswered coby5
How do I start chapter 3? Unanswered Bhain
Getting to Alsorna? Open DrewHarland