Question from cmdr31op

Call of Duty World at War Co-op Is Not Working?

Whenever I open the server browser and refresh, only a 5-10 games show up. Whenever I try to join one nothing happens at all. I can join a normal multiplayer game just not co-op.

I have tried the following fixes: Re downloading Cod WAW, Reinstalling and updating Punk Buster, Downloaded patch 1.1, forwarding the ports on my router, running as administrator, and opening up all of the the filters.

Please help, I am at wits end -Cmdr31

plowman33 asked for clarification:

I'm having the same issue. I've forwarded the following ports: 28930-28970, 3074-3075, 443, 80, 5223, 27666. I can connect to all the multiplayer games, but no co-op. And when I'm searching for Co-op games, the only ones that come up are the ones that have an X under the hammer icon (which I assumed to mean Mod content).

But even the ones I see, I can't join. Some of them when I click Join server, nothing happens, like I"m not even clicking it. And for some of them it tries to connect and it always says "This game session is no longer available".

Me and my friend were trying for 3 hours to connect to each other in co-op to no avail. Anyone have a clue what's going on here?

cmdr31op provided additional details:

I can't really do that because there is more than one computer on my network. Also my computer is far away from my modem. I hope this gets resolved in the next patch.

Answers

Razrak answered:

Try plugging your computer directly into the modem and by passing the router all together. It worked for me.
1 0

GoldenMegamanX answered:

That happens to me a lot as well the best way to be in a coop is to host one.
1 0

Embay answered:

I have had similar problems where i could enter Co-op games but could not host
after seeking forums i have opened these port which for 80% solved the issue for me

COD5 Ja UDP 20800 20800 192.168.1.5 mer0
COD5A Ja UDP 20810 20810 192.168.1.5 mer0
COD5B Ja UDP 28960 28970 192.168.1.5 mer0

and @Razak, Some people like myself have modem/routers which we get from our ISP's so there is nothing to bypass :-)
1 0

loweb1 answered:

I'm having the same problem, here's what I've tried so far. Didn't work for me but maybe you'll have better luck.

I've probably read 50 threads about coop problems trying to fix this issue, not just here but at other gaming forums as well. I'm fairly experienced with networking and computers in general, but I've tried everything I can think of (and I think everything that has been suggested so far elsewhere) and I still can't get a local coop game to work. I originally posted a similar thread in the technical support thread but I was told that was an inappropriate place so I thought I'd try here as well.

I've got two legitimate copies of the game, both patched to 1.4 and punkbuster up to date on both PC's. I've tried forwarding the following ports (as suggested by portforward.com):
TCP: 80, 443, 3074, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3074, 3075, 27666
Both: 28930-28960

Both PC's are using static IP address. I've tried two different routers (a Zonet ZSR4124WE, and a DLink DI-604), and a crossover cable. And I've verified that the PC's can see each other on the network (via ping and network neighborhood).

I've also tried turning off all port forwarding except for 28961 and 28962 and explicitly setting the port to use at launch (e.g., +set net_port 28961 at the command prompt). I'm using a 64 bit XP box and a Windows 7 64bit box. On the win 7 PC I wasn't able to figure out how to give it runtime commands through the shortcut so I just launched the game through the command line in order to use the +set net_port command. Also I tried having just one computer set with an explicit port as detailed in another post but that didn't work either.

I've tried using both computers as the server. I've tried using friend invites (these result in a "Game session no longer available" error). I've tried searching with Find Game and going to LAN sometimes I can see the game (detailed below), but get the session no longer available error when I try to join. I've set the max Ping to 999 and to 0. I've tried hosting an online coop game (once again I can find it but I can't join).

I AM able to join other players online coop games. And multiplayer works fine.

Firewall exceptions are all in place, and I've tried it with the firewall turned completely off too.

If I have the XP box host the game I can see it in the servers list from the win 7 box, but when I try to join it tells me that the game is not in session anymore. If the win 7 PC hosts the game I can't see it at all from the XP box.

I'm especially confused about why it doesn't work when I use a crossover cable. There's no router to complicate things, and I know I have a good crossover cable and the proper setup because all other networking tasks function correctly.

Like I said, I've seen a lot of other people who have had the same issue. Has anyone ever gotten it to work? Even if you don't know how to fix it I'd love to know how many others are being affected by this. Activision will not troubleshoot multiplayer problems over the phone, and their knowledge base answers for these issues are generic and unhelpful. Treyarch forums are really just links back to these. I feel like I'm at a dead end. Very sad, I was really (really) looking forward to shooting my buddies in the back.
1 0

Tedmouse answered:

I have done alot of ways to make this game work, APPEARNTLY there are so many factors you will be very dissappointed.
take it from my years for working on my laptops and the different models i have used.
i did this for (LAN MODE ONLY)
How to make laptops , desktops work with one another to host a lan game that works.
1, models have to be very, very closely related, just being a dell is vague but sometimes works, models have to be within the same line of of models, like my laptops, inspirons with inspirons or latitudes with latidudes, sometimes inspiron with latitdudes sometimes works, but i have yet to see a compaq with a hp or a hp with a dell or dell with compaq.
2, must have same type of windows, xp with xp works/ xp with vista does not work/,xp with windows 7 does not work, /vista with vista works, /vista with windows 7 does not work./ windows 7 with windows 7 does not work.
for the ones that work they must be the same edition, as in pro with pro, or home with home, or prem with prem.
3 must be legit serial codes, not over used pirated ones.

If you have been ok with lan partys and managed to get past all of that or have never had the lan problem then thumbs up your one of the very few.
0 0