How to fix weapon overheat?

1. I've new to this game, i played it, but sometimes when i fired a gun and then its overheat, it can't shoot no more, i mean the overheat bar is not decerasing, this happens on every weapon, are this is bug or the game? any help?

User Info: kupo754

kupo754 - 6 years ago
    Im having that same issue, whenever a weapon overheats, it stays overheated for the rest of the mission, no matter if i equip another pistol i have with me, every weapon of that type will be overheated until the end of the mission or until i reload the game.. kinda sucks as an adept since pistol is already only weapon i can really use effectivly. Havent found any commands to fix it either, or any mention of a bug like it anywhere..

User Info: Waste00

Waste00 - 6 years ago

Answers

1. I remember my gun(s) overheating, a lot. Some enhancements you can put on the guns increase the heat, and decrease the cool down time. But I don't remember it ever taking more than 5 seconds to cool down.

The game is currently "unplayable" for me, as all of my characters had the Down the Sky expansion in the save files, and for some reason, that license expired or something and it is no longer associated with ME1, and is missing when I try to load a game. Perhaps when I hit that bug or patch, something occurred to the overheat system?

There may be console commands you have to use to remove the overheat system in order to continue. I one time had a bad save file in an elevator, and had to use some walk through walls trick to get back to the Normandy, then disembark again, just to continue the main quest.

User Info: kuvuplan

kuvuplan - 6 years ago 0 2
  2. The Sabotage tech power can force enemy weapons to overheat for several seconds. Some enemies will use it on you. I recommend chucking grenades until it wears off.

User Info: Ilthynos

Ilthynos - 6 years ago 1 2
  3. There are two things that cause this bug. One is having a pirated version of the game (which of course you don't, right?) and the other is the Bring Down the Sky DLC. In both cases, the bug is directly linked to having the Dog of War and/or Geth Hunter achievements unlocked.

If you download a program called Critical Mass, you can use it to remove those achievements from your profile, which will supposedly fix the bug. I say supposedly because it did not work for me, but many say it does.

Note that loading a game will cancel out the bug and keep it from occurring for about ten minutes. Make sure you save often, and be careful not to overheat your gun, and you should be able to play fine. Learn to recognize the orange lightning that comes with being Sabotaged and don't use your guns until it wears off.

User Info: cardshark1

cardshark1 - 5 years ago 0 1
  4. To prevent being stuck at an overheated state, delete your profile file. It's the file called Profile.MassEffectProfile located in C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Save . After that, your weapon will start gradually cooling down when it's overheated (which is what is supposed to happen).

The side-effect is that you'll lose all your achievements. Add them back one by one with the console command 'unlockachievement'

User Info: Dark_Forte

Dark_Forte - 2 years ago 0 0