Miranda VS Jack (?)

1. Allright.... U gotta be F-U-C-K-I-N kidding me... It's the second playthru' i've been and I still can't break the fight between the two w/out blowing my relationship with one of'em...

JESUS CHRIST it really pissed me off...

Do I have to be the ultimate renegade/paragon to stop them??

Is there another way around??? someone please tell me...

User Info: Reapper77

Reapper77 - 6 years ago

1. There is no way around. If you do not have very high Paragon or Renegade, the only way to defuse that situation is to side with one of them, unless you don't complete one of their loyalty missions in the first place.

Bear in mind that Mass Effect 2's morality persuasion works by percentages, instead of the amount of the bar you have filled out. Your score is the number of points earned from the total amount of available points from all dialogue/exploration you've done so far, so it is possible to have the bars maxed out yet not have the needed percentage for persuasion/intimidation. So it pays to be consistent with your choices throughout the entire game.

If you cannot convince them with your chosen morality right now, you might want to consider having the fight occur as late as possible, then stack up on one of Paragon or Renegade by making choices of that side as much as possible. Equipping the Inferno Armor will help, as will investing points in your class's passive powers, as both of these confer bonuses to Paragon/Renegade for persuasion/intimidations. One thing to note is that the needed Renegade percentage for defusing this argument is lower than that needed for Paragon.

If you have imported a save file from Mass Effect 1 though, it's a bit different. Paragon/Renegade points accumulated from imports count as free points toward each morality, thus granting you a lot of free leeway at the start of this game. If this is the case, try to have the fight occur as EARLY as possible. If done right, you can have BOTH Paragon and Renegade options to defuse the fight without losing loyalty, open to you.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow - 4 months ago 2 0

Answers

1. There is only one way to get em to stop. either be ATLEAST 80% paragon/renagade b4 the fight, or get to that later b4 the end of the game. for example, i had miranda loyal b4 the fight, if u side with jack and tell miranda to back off, u talk to her after i had an option that was greyed out. got paragon a little higher and i had the blue option available. IMMEDIATELY after that, miranda was loyal again

User Info: joshiki_r

joshiki_r - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. My first playthrough I had no problems with Paragon/Renegade specific points in the storyline (Resisting Morinth, Jack/Mirand, Tali/Legion, Tali's Trial). When I did each, I had at least 80% Paragon. However, I have noticed a sharp decline in Paragon point award on the second playthrough, resulting in a current Paragon max of roughly 77%. This has been enough for Tali's Trial, but not resisting Morinth's advances or absolving the Tali/Legion or Jack/Miranda conflicts.

Ultimately, after you choose one over the other, if you can raise your Paragon/Renegade to 85% (I believe) you can regain the offended party's loyalty, albeit begrudgingly on their part.

User Info: deacon_black

deacon_black - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. Uhhhh, Deacon_black, you might be wrong with that one. I chose Miranda on one of my playthroughs, and I had EFFING MAX PARAGON, yet the option still did not come up. You just gotta play it nice with em earlier, THEN get it high enough and they'll become loyal again.

User Info: FanofMoH

FanofMoH - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. I probably had around 70% Paragon and I was able to keep them both. Try using the +10% Negotiation headgear. Might help.

User Info: blackmailer26

blackmailer26 - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. Make your Paragon/Renegade around 80%(pass the last line) and wear the Inferno Armor(If you have one) before doing Jack's Loyalty Mission. And also, I suggest you do Miranda's Loyalty Mission first. Having 80%+ Paragon/Renegade can let you resist Morinth's spell as well as Tali/Legion Conflict, especially if you have Inferno Armor which adds 10% conversation.

User Info: acerpg007

acerpg007 - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. Do the "I want to talk" whenever possible with any team member to gain some favor (renegade or paragon) with them. That way you won`t have that (your current) problem.

User Info: Mazinger_Kaiser

Mazinger_Kaiser - 5 years ago 0 0
  7. Honestly, if you continue to have issues with this, I would just suggest doing Jack's (or Miranda's) loyalty mission at the very last moment you can, same with Legion's (or Tali's).

User Info: Im_Solid_Snake

Im_Solid_Snake - 4 years ago 0 0