Question from TokenFembot

Do you *need* to explore all the planets?

If I've edited my save to give me enough materials to buy any upgrade I want, and the planet doesn't have an assignment/mission connected to it, is there any reason to explore it?
Basically I'm just worried about everyone surviving the final mission. I'm already getting all the upgrades I can as soon as I can, but exploring/scanning/mining every single planet in the galaxy sounds... really tedious. Do I have to? :(

Ilthynos answered:

Aside from the planets with missions, exploring uncharted worlds is only to provide you with resources. If you've already got the achievement for exploring 100% of the worlds in a sector, and you don't need the resources anymore, there's no reason you have to explore any of them that don't have a mission.
2 0

blackmailer26 answered:

No need. If you have around 300k on all resources and around 50k Eezo, you can get every research you find.
0 0

acerpg007 answered:

The only reason you want to explore planets that are irrelevant is that some planets have Anomalies, which gives side quests..
0 0

Can I go to other planets after getting the IFF? Answered Shinobi_BR
Can't leave some planets? Answered erkka1976
DLC will not load, shadow broker. Help? Unanswered rdyforgames
DLC from 360 to PC? Unanswered OpethME
Missing normandy crew? Unanswered Andirm92