Do you *need* to explore all the planets?

1. If I've edited my save to give me enough materials to buy any upgrade I want, and the planet doesn't have an assignment/mission connected to it, is there any reason to explore it?
    Basically I'm just worried about everyone surviving the final mission. I'm already getting all the upgrades I can as soon as I can, but exploring/scanning/mining every single planet in the galaxy sounds... really tedious. Do I have to? :(

User Info: TokenFembot

TokenFembot - 6 years ago

1. Aside from the planets with missions, exploring uncharted worlds is only to provide you with resources. If you've already got the achievement for exploring 100% of the worlds in a sector, and you don't need the resources anymore, there's no reason you have to explore any of them that don't have a mission.

User Info: Ilthynos

Ilthynos - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. No need. If you have around 300k on all resources and around 50k Eezo, you can get every research you find.

User Info: blackmailer26

blackmailer26 - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. The only reason you want to explore planets that are irrelevant is that some planets have Anomalies, which gives side quests..

User Info: acerpg007

acerpg007 - 5 years ago 0 0