Can Two accounts, 1 pc, share games installed on the shared pc? (only one account logged in at a time of course)

1. Ok, had a bunch of steam games on my pc that i share with
    my sister. alot of these games we had before steam was introduced.

Recently she made her own account (after i bought a copy of left 4 dead) so she can track her own achivmentswith out messign mine up.

however it keeps asking her too buy games that are already installed on the pc we have our accounts on.

Is there a way for her to access games I have bought, and are on
    the pc we have the accounts on without her having to rebuy them?

We are not trying to run two accounts at the same time.
    just want her to be able to access games purchased and installed on the pc through my account.

User Info: Tasaraki

Tasaraki - 8 years ago
    Alot of the games she can't access were also bought before steam was
    introduced. Half-life, opposing force, counter strike. Real clssic stuff you know. now she can't access them cause steam "intergrated" them into my account.

So being able to play those without her using my account would also be great along side not messing up my stats on my account.

User Info: Tasaraki

Tasaraki - 8 years ago

1. Unfortunately, Steam games that are tied to your account are permanent. If it's that serious, you may want to contact a Steam official to see what you can do, otherwise she'll need to purchase the games.

User Info: GB1337

GB1337 - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Games are tied to one account, the games you purchased before Steam was even around are now associated with your account, not your sister's. While Steam can see you have the games installed, it also knows that your sister's account has not purchased them, and so will ask her to buy them even though they are installed.

However, what Steam can't prevent is if she logs on to her account only to play Left 4 Dead, and logs onto your account to play the other games previously bought. As long as she keeps her L4D playing on her own account, you should have no problems with achievements overlapping. I'm sure many people do this, and I'm sure Valve doesn't care so long as only one person is playing the game at a time.

User Info: Big_Samus

Big_Samus - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Well, not really. If you installed it, it'll be on the hard drive. But your sis cant play it if you bought it from your account. It'll be installed, but not playable.

User Info: Mrsuperpiggy

Mrsuperpiggy - 4 years ago 0 0