Review by -hannah-

"An Amazing MMO"

Wizard101 is an addicting MMO, and anyone from 9 to 99 would most likely like it as well. I began playing a few years ago and fell in love with it right away. Meet new friends, quest to level up your wizard, compete in PvP or Tournaments, train your pet at the pet pavilion; there's a never ending list of things to do in the game. And it's updated with new things all the time; like new level caps, new items and new worlds.

In my opinion, Wizard101 is one of my favorite games. Even when I max out one of my characters, I can always find more things to do, or even make a new character of a different school to start again. And the thing is, it's typically not extremely repetitive to begin a new character. Every school is unique in its own way, and it allows you to change your gameplay quite a bit when you start to use a new wizard school. For example, storm gives you a gameplay that is much different than ice; one is very solely based on attack, while the other is based on defense and health. This calls for a great experience every time you start a new wizard.

Also, there's more than just questing in the spiral. Another thing to do is PvP. PvP has three different challenges; practice, if you just want to get a feel for it, ranked, if you want to rank up, and tournaments, where you can pay a bit extra to get greater prizes. Also, there's the Pet Derby. If you have a pet that's trained to at least teen, you can enter the Pet Derby to rank up your pet rank. The races are fun too!

Also, there's housing and gardening to fool around with. You can begin a garden and harvest different varieties of plants to gain gardening XP and prizes, like gold or more seeds to plant. Along with gardening, there's housing. You can decorate your dorm room to show off, or even buy a house to decorate even more (you must be level 12+ to garden and level 15+ to purchase a castle).

Since Wizard101 is an MMORPG, you can also meet a bunch of people to socialize with or get help from when you're in a sticky situation. You can have up to 100 friends, so make sure they're trustworthy and not taking up space in your friend's list.

Overall, Wizard101 is a great game. It almost never gets old or boring, and always has new things to be discovered around the Spiral.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/05/13

Game Release: Wizard101 (US, 09/02/08)