How do I defeat the Flying African Princess in Phase?

1. I defeated the African Princess (body) by destroying the Totems (with a sledge hammer) that she created which manifests the skeletons. She died and took me into Phase. She become the Flying Princess Spirit. I can only attack (long sword) when she lands. I dodge the Laser Beams by moving 'at' the moment of discharge. When the Beam hits the ground, I run (left or right) to avoid being hit.
    I avoided being hit about ten (10) times before I got tired and quit the game. During that time, the Princess only landed twice (2). She spent most of her time flying and shooting laser beams.
    Any help?

User Info: smileyharris

smileyharris - 6 years ago
    Ok thanks for the head's up. But your answer only solved part of my issue. Correct I can block the beam with either my katana or Moonblade.
    However, I witness no deflection. As a matter of fact, I've blocked every beam sent and was still waiting for the Princess' Spirit to land and fight. So I can't say that my question has been successfully answered. Or is there a technique to blocking the beam?
    Any other ideas? Thanks!

User Info: smileyharris

smileyharris - 6 years ago

Answers

1. Block her beam with your shield or weapon ( you must learn block skill with weapon or shield first ) and the beam will be reflected back to her and stun her making her landing then the rest is up to you.

User Info: MrDoom220

MrDoom220 - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. OK! I figured it out. You're supposed to use the Spike and Scale that the Princess drops after you're first attack. Using the Spike and Scale like a Spear and Shield, block her beam and it deflects back to her taking care of the job.
    But thanks for the tip on using a 'shield'. The Scale is the shield you're to use..

User Info: smileyharris

smileyharris - 6 years ago 0 0