How do i make my own appartement/hotel?

1. hi,
    i bought appartementslife yesterday. and ik like it a lot.
    but i've got a question, can i make my own appartements?
    i mean, not desined by EA, i wanna make them myself. but if i try it on a normal ground, it doesn't work. and it doesn't work on a "shop ground" either. i also tried to put an EA appartement and change it but that doesn't work either.
    i also can't make hotels...
    Can you help me?
    ps; i'm sorry for the english...

User Info: dorien922

dorien922 - 8 years ago

1. Build your set of apartments as a residential lot, using the special apartment doors as the front doors. Be sure to place the doors matt-side-out, as it won't work and you'll get an error message.

Then, press ctrl + alt + C and enter:
    changeLotZoning apartmentbase
    Press enter, and it should work.

User Info: chillychello

chillychello - 8 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Well, first you need to build everything [as in walls,floors, other building tools] becase once you create the apartment/hotel the build mode is limited, as well as structural buy mode items. Once you are absolutely sure you are satisfied with everything, type Ctrl + Shift + C to bring up the cheat box. Then enter
    'changeLotZoning apartmentbase' without the apostrophes. The cheat will not come into effect until you save and exit to your neighborhood. Then when you return it will be an apartment with the apartment objects like mailboxes.

User Info: sesamebuns

sesamebuns - 8 years ago 1 0
  2. Here is a guide with screenshots: http://thesims2.ea.com/getcoolstuff/apt_building_tutorial.pdf

User Info: Jeni

Jeni (Expert) - 8 years ago 0 0
  3. I guess it really works

User Info: Tony_Elaide

Tony_Elaide - 8 years ago 0 2