Question from awmace5

Will the star wars mmo be for mac?

Will the upcoming mmo be for both pc and mac, like world of warcraft?

Wetty01 asked for clarification:

I was wondering that too because after all bioware did make Dragon Age on Mac and most of EA games are also available for Mac (I think of the sims and Spore) so I was really hoping there would be a possibility of getting the old Republic.

julusp answered:

I see no one knows what bootcamp is.
1. It is not really a program, its just a way to boot Windows Vista/7 , and bunch of drivers for them, (and of course it helps you to partition the disk)
2. It does not emulate anything. The windows is running as it would on standart PC, so no extra ram is needed, it will enable dual-boot. Just follow min requirements.
3. Under bootcamp, its playable at max details on Early 2011 macbook pro (2,2 CoreI7 (quadcore), Radeon 6750M, 8gb ram) (but 32bit games use max 3GB ram anyway).
2 0

Answers

dukedafeet answered:

No news so far for macs, and doubt there will be. After a pc fanbase is established, they could possibly start on a mac release, but macs compromise <9% of the personal computer ownership, so developing a game for them is a waste of money, unless you are able to port it.
0 0

Thomas__Kenobi answered:

The game has been confirmed to work on Macs using 'BootCamp' (I don't know what this is myself, but Mac users might), but, apart from that, it is PC only.
1 0

DrDoom66 answered:

The game is for Windows XP, Vista, and 7 only. Yes it is possible to play it on a Mac computer, but as Thomas_Kenobi said, you MUST use the 'BootCamp program'. It is a program that stores different versions of windows that will allow you to reboot your system into the specified Windows operating system.

To use Boot Camp, you need:
1.An Intel-based Macintosh computer with a built-in or USB keyboard and a built-in trackpad or USB mouse.
2.Mac OS X v10.5 or later.
3.The latest firmware updates available for your Intel-based Mac.
4.At least 10 GB of free space on your startup disk (single partition).
5.A full, single-disc version of Windows 7 (Mac OS X v10.6 or later only), Windows Vista, Windows XP Home Edition or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later. Boot Camp does not include Windows. You must provide your own properly licensed installation disc. Important: A Windows XP installation disc must include Service Pack 2 (SP2). You cannot install an earlier version of Windows and upgrade to Windows XP, nor install an earlier version of Windows XP and update it to SP2. Media Center, OEM, and upgrade versions of Windows XP are not recommended.
6.Boot Camp Assistant (find it installed in /Applications/Utilities/).

And by the way, for those of you who have seen the specs for minimum operating. I would add at least 2 more GB's of RAM onto it if you are planning to use BootCamp. Myself, I will be running close to 12 GB's of RAM on a WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM......ie....dont buy a mac...
2 2

2mins2eddie answered:

Only downside with running windows on a mac is sometimes I find you loose some keyboard functionality. I love my MAC but for gaming, its a no-no, tho I'm not a pc gamer so it's a non-issue for me.

But to answer your question, it will run on the mac.
0 0

starpark88 answered:

Works on bootcamp on medium settings with shadows off, low setting if shadows on. I also got it to work (barely) with parallels. If you have a better build than I do (base 2011 MBP 13 inch) you might be able to run it well with parallels.
0 0