Question from pinkert67

Cannot create a party?

I can't figure out how to party up with my friends, and I know there are other people having this problem. I just got the game last night, so perhaps I'm just doing this wrong; I see party and I try to invite my friend, but they don't get my invite at all. We can LAN just fine, after some tweaking, but with no dedicated servers, getting in a match together is near impossible. If anyone knows a fix or can send me a link to an explaination, that would be so great.

pinkert67 provided additional details:

I've done that, and with the other player sitting right next to me, nothing happens. :(

Answers

Zek_99 answered:

While you are in the lobby (after play but before you choose what game type) open up steam ingame, double click on friends thing, click on arrow and select invite to game.
1 1

kodabar answered:

There are several stages to this:

1. You must be friends on Steam. Make sure you've done this. You may think you have, but you might well be friends with someone who has a very similar username. Try sending each other messages to see if that works. If it works, move on to the section 2. If it doesn't, you've got a problem somewhere in the Steam friends section. Keep trying and actually read the Steam help files for this.

2. Both load MW2 Multiplayer. It seems obvious, but make sure it's the MULTIPLAYER version.

3. Both click on "Play"

4. Press Shift and Tab to open the Steam panel. Click "Friends" and next to your friend's name, press "Invite"

5. Your friend will probably get a notification on his screen that he's got an invitation. He should press Shift and Tab to open the Steam panel. He will then see an additional box with your username on it and a link to click to join you. He should do this.

6. If sending an invitation to your friend does not work, try it the other way around with him sending you one.

7. You should both now show up in the lobby. If there are problems like "unable to connect to host" (or similar_ when the invitation is clicked, then try it the other way round.

8. Once you're both in the lobby, click "Find game" and wait a while. Again, if you're getting "unable to connect to host" or similar errors, try swapping who is sending the invitation and keep trying.

9. For some reason or other, sometimes two people are unable to play together. It may be that you both have pings that are too large (especially in combination - the data has to get from him to the server and thence to you, so it's a combination of both pings and some server lag). If you can, try a different internet connection. If you can't, close down anything else that may use your connection and try again.
2 1

TenshiNoHikari answered:

If it dosent work try reopening the game, ive had similar issues as well also if your playing with only one other person go into speical ops co-op join a room together and go back to multiplayer it should work
0 1

connerturnbull answered:

I had the same problem. If you are using Vista then try this: make a shortcut of the game onto your desktop, right click on it, click "run as administrator" That solved it for me.

I've been trying to find a to run the game from steam as administrator without having to make that shortcut. If anyone knows how please let me know
0 1

Huybui answered:

You have to have a friend to be with you and u can create in Special Ops with your friends
0 0

ymupam answered:

Your NAT type should say "Open".
0 0