Question from demkidude

Volume Decreases ingame when using Skype or Steam Chat??

I've noticed that when I'm in a call with steam chat or skype, the volume ingame is reduced to the point where I can't hear footsteps next to me! As soon as I end the call the volume is set back to the volume before. I've checked in Audio settings and and the volume is always on max even when I'm in call.
Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

KingCruel asked for clarification:

Bump - this happens to me not in skype, but ingame in steam games. I am using XP, so I can't find the option. Halp.

Answers

jaryth000 answered:

Control Panel > Sounds > Communications tab. Set it to "Do Nothing".
By Default when you are 'in a call' Windows will turn down the volume on other applications so you can better hear the person you are talking with.
0 0

SilverBld answered:

I might a solution for your problem - a new (and free - don't worry...) application named Overwolf that lets you use Skype with your game without ever leaving it (no need for alt+tab). They have a special interface for gamers (with features like PTT) so it's even better than using regular Skype.

Check it out - Overwolf - Use Skype in game
www.overwolf.com/apps/skype/
0 0

SilverBld answered:

I'm not sure - but I might have a solution for your problem. Worth a shoot.
A new application named Overwolf that lets you use Skype (and other cool stuff like in-game browser) with your game without ever leaving it (no need for alt+tab). They have a special interface for gamers (with features like PTT) so it's even better than using regular Skype.

www.overwolf.com/apps/skype/
0 0

Can you block text chat in multiplayer? Open GusTreta
Use on Steam? Answered GunAndWellGuns
Steam manual? Answered gundamx_
Steam + Regular? Answered Marcklet
Steam required? Answered Naruto_Ninja123