Why does the game keep telling me my system is not compatible with %P?

1. I put in Disc 1 and installed Rockstar Social Club and activated a Social Club account. Then, I click on Rockstar Social Club icon on my desktop and then clicked PLAY but it always says that my launcher is unavailable. Before that, after installing Social Club it stated that my system was not compatible with %P. I have no idea what that means. It said to click on a link for help but there was no link.

My computer knowledge is amateurish at best. I believe it has something to do with my laptop which is a Hp Pavilion dv6000 Entertainment Special Edition. I compared the specs of my laptop with the game requirements and I notice it is different but I don't know what I have to upgrade to make the game playable.

Please help. I'd rather not have to return the game and not get my money back but stupid store credit.

Thanks for your time.

User Info: Aerispureheart

Aerispureheart - 7 years ago
    Some Specs

Notebook: HP Pavilion dv6000
    Processor: Intel Core Duo T2500
    Graphics Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256 MB

User Info: Aerispureheart

Aerispureheart - 7 years ago
    Okay, I researched a bit and I figured it has to do with my OS. After I fix that I would still have to upgrade a bit which I'm not sure how.

User Info: Aerispureheart

Aerispureheart - 7 years ago

1. i had the same problem. you MUST have win XP sp 3 or win Vista sp1. Service packs are available on the mirosoft site.

User Info: benylar

benylar - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Ur gpu wont be able to run gta4 smoothly. But i do not have any ideas how to fix ur pc problem

User Info: gempakb

gempakb - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Hey-- if u are running in windows 7 or vista.. u can probably run the installer using the compatibility mode with windows xp sp3.. its my problem before but i solved it myself.. hope i helped you.

User Info: jaidenko

jaidenko - 6 years ago 0 0