Review by SquishyWagner

"Good Game, Bad Players"

League of Legends... I will not lie; it's a fantastic game. There's one major issue that keeps this game from being the best.

The concept is very simple, but correct execution of certain characters is more difficult than others. The game runs fairly well, although I get some lag spikes that really set me back from time to time.

No complaints here, to be honest. Little details like ants crawling are pretty nice to look at, but the game is nothing earth-shattering. Characters look nice, and more skins can be bought to enhance the experience. Dances and taunts look very nice.

The game doesn't have much in terms of music, but the one track that plays during your match doesn't get old. The characters sound nice, and some jokes thrown into the mix are just the icing on the cake.

Staff: 9/10
Riot Games is really connected to their players. They try out ideas and do the best they can, which is something that can't be said for most game companies. They have frequent contests and Art Spotlights, where they show off the design of their characters. Very nice to experience. One problem I have, however, is that contacting them isn't as open as it could be.

Community: 1/10
The game's flaw. My biggest problem with the game. The other players completely ruin the game. Players fit into the following categories: "I don't speak your language" Players, Leavers, Braggers, People That Are Horrible, and regular players. The "I don't speak your language" Players are probably the second most common of them. You often find yourselves with players you can't communicate with. This severely impairs your strategies, as RTS games rely on communication. Leavers are probably the most common. As the name implies, they leave the game and cost their team the match. Braggers are, fortunately, not that common. They simply taunt you and try to bring you down if you aren't doing your best (whether it's your own fault or not). Horrible players often cost you the game. They feed the other team, and say, "It's just a game," when you call them out. Sigh. Regular players are the needle, the community is the haystack. Good luck finding a decent team.

Just a tip, add the good players so you can play with them later.

In Conclusion: This game is worth a try if you have some friends to play with to ensure that you don't end up with a horrible team. However, if you want to give it a go, then by all means, go for it. You might get lucky.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 01/18/11

Game Release: League of Legends (US, 10/27/09)