Question from USAFMcGrew

How do I put other game music in Spelunky?

I am trying to put Cave Story music into my game, and I can't find any .ogg files for it. Help!

Blendarus answered:

Download the free program Audacity. Once you've done this, open it up and File>Import>Audio your Cave Story music files (probably mp3s). Once you have it up, you can edit it if you like. When you're finished, File>Export As>Ogg Vorbis. This lets you save it as a .ogg file which can be used as Spelunky music. In your spelunky/sound directory just back up your old Spelunky music (the existing .ogg files), and rename the new file to replace the old.

You will probably need to increase the volume of the file, and if the game reaches the end of a file it will automatically loop, so you should try to make them about 3 minutes long if they don't loop well.
2 0

Answers

dzini answered:

You can't. YOu can however turn off music and/or SFX via config.exe in the game folder and play any music you like with an audio player.
0 1