Question from nerdsarefat

Is there a trick to getting other lords to join you when you create your own kingdom?

Everytime i try and get a lord to join me or w/e they say i wont be the one to lead them into treason or some other bull crap is there a trick or a certin way im suppose to go about it?

Lellouch answered:

When you ask them to join you they'll talk about four different things:

1)Their safety should they join you.
This is affected by how large your military is, and whether or not your Kingdom is close to fiefs they own. In other words, if your Kingdom is pushing on their borders they'll be more likely to say something along the lines of "I'll be safer with you." However, if you're trying to recruit someone with fiefs near Tulga territory and all of your land is near Praven, you'll most likely get something along the lines of "I'd be alone in a sea of enemies." or "You wouldn't be able to protect me."

2)How much they like you.
This is based on your Honor rating and what company you keep. If you have a lot of heroes and Lords that are honorable, it's easier to recruit honorable Lords. They'll usually say something along the lines of:
"I like you and your companions more than the king." if they like you
"I'd have better standing in my current liege's court." if they're neutral and
"I dislike the king, but I dislike you and your companions more." if they don't like your company.

This is also affected by their "friendship" rating thing to you. You can increase this by fighting them and then letting them go, or doing quests for them.

3)The promise you make them.
One important note, BE CONSISTENT. Don't promise one guy that you'll support the common people and the next guy that you'll support the nobles. They'll know and remark about it. Now this one is most complicated because it is affected by both the choice you make and each choice is affected by different things.

Each lord will prefer one of the choices, it should be pretty clear which one after you try it out the first time. They'll mention something about it on this third block of text.

i) I should be King by old laws.
This is affected by the right to rule rating. The higher the better. Around 40 is when they start agreeing you deserve to be King. Before then they scoff at you.

ii)Support commons/Nobles.
These two are aren't really affected by anything, but make sure you stay consistent.

iii) I will unify the land
It's probably affected by how much of the landmass your kingdom encompasses. The more fiefs you own, the more likely they'll agree.

iv) I'll give you land. I figure this probably is appealing to Lords who have no land of their own. You can check in the notes who has fiefs and who doesn't. I hardly ever pick this.

4) I'm not really sure what the last one is based off of. Anyway if they say
"I could lose a lot of my reputation." That's the bad response.
If they say
"But my men will understand." That's the good response.
I think its based off how large your Kingdom is and your Right to Rule since it makes sense that if you don't have a large Kingdom/ don't have proper claim to rule then the benefits of joining you aren't worth the risks.

I usually don't ask them to join me until at least three of these are good responses. Even then sometimes they say no. On the other hand I've had a guy join me when he had 3/4 as negative responses. I think there's an element of chance in there as well. Anyway hope that helped a little. Just keep trying and you'll get someone eventually.
3 0

How can I persuade lords to join me? Answered Cutpurse3
Erm my men visting other lords? Open legionare56
Lords feuding? Open legionare56
How can i recruit other lords ? Open Fr0zeN231
Right to rule and recruit lords? Open coby5