Will my laptop handle Fallout New Vegas?

1. Hey, was just hoping to get some feed back, here are my specs. Will Fallout New Vegas play very well? and if so how well, medium settings, low, or high?? Thanks...also, I can, and have played all on the highest of settings, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2, Amnesia, etc...all played wonderfully till the very end. Heres the specs.
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 5730
    iCore 7
    1.60 GHz - this can reach like 2.60 or 80 with a booster thing.
    4.00 GB
    64 Bit Operating SYSTEM
    DDR3
    Thanks everyone. Charlie.

User Info: BrokenContender

BrokenContender - 6 years ago

1. if you played those games on highest settings then you should have no problem running this. Seems like high or "Ultra".

User Info: StealthMissle

StealthMissle - 6 years ago 3 1

Answers

1. Yes. You will have no problem running the game, and likely be able to run it at "High" graphics settings or higher with it still running smoothly. If you played Fallout 3 on the same laptop by any chance, however that ran this is likely to run (it seemed to run pretty similar for me, anyway). The textures on "High" in the respective games look different (New Vegas obviously looks better) but it doesn't seem to take that much more graphics-card power to display them. I'm sure there is SOME additional usage, but it seems to run pretty identically to Fallout 3 (which honestly ran pretty well on any machine with a 2Ghz processor, 2GB of DDR2 RAM, and any decent video card with SOME dedicated memory [laptop cards included]...or better than the listed stats obviously).

User Info: neostatic83

neostatic83 - 6 years ago 2 1
  2. Go to www.canyourunit.com and use the drop down menu. Search for the game's title and if a window pops up asking you for something, click accept/yes/ok so that it can run diagnostics of your laptop or computer if it can run the game well or not.

User Info: Ryuuchi10

Ryuuchi10 - 6 years ago 0 2
  3. I ran the game on high settings on my older ASUS with no issues.
    Specs:
    2.13 GHZ Core 2 Duo
    Nvidia GTX 260M Cuda (1GB) but had to download that .DLL file that as made for the NPC created lag on Nvidia systems
    4GB DDR3
    64 BIT windows 7 OS

User Info: BulletPruffe

BulletPruffe - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. Your gfx card must be able to use direct-x 10.0 or better.

if u cant run direct x 10 its time to buy a new card anyways

User Info: dedblu2005

dedblu2005 - 5 years ago 0 1