How do you prevent the monorail from being blown up?

1. You've discovered the spy in the NCR, but you discover that he has planted a bomb on the monorail. How do you stop it from blowing?

User Info: Sir_Thomas

Sir_Thomas - 6 years ago

1. You have to run into the monorail, the bomb is hidden inside a vent on the left side of the door inside the monorail.

User Info: Korassu

Korassu - 6 years ago 3 0

Answers

1. Run to the monorail and disarm the bomb with a skill check or using the code found on the spy.

User Info: Galahaut

Galahaut (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. There currently is a bug where the monorail may start before you can reach it.

User Info: JeffLam

JeffLam (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. I have done this quest on two separate occasions now, and I was only able to successfully disarm the bomb on the first attempt. The only difference between my two attempts was on the first attempt I caught the spy chatting on the radio, and on the second I was ambushed by the spy after inadvertently tipping him off. The ambush route seems to require you to talk to Hsu, while the eavesdropping route allows you to head for the monorail directly. It appeared that no matter how fast I ran, I was unable to disarm the bomb in time after talking to Hsu, and if I ran straight to the monorail without talking to him, I would get the option to ride to the strip and be unable to actually enter the train.

Whether this is a bug or is intentional is unclear, but if you really want to prevent the bombing, I'd suggest re-attempting the quest and trying to overhear the spy's report.

User Info: Nesirus

Nesirus - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. "Whether this is a bug or is intentional is unclear, but if you really want to prevent the bombing, I'd suggest re-attempting the quest and trying to overhear the spy's report."

I can confirm this. After confronting(and killing) the spy, I found it was impossible to save the monorail. However, entering the tower while in sneak mode allowed me to listen to the conversation. Just wait until the quest updates and leave the tower when it updates you to defuse the bomb. I did not kill him when I overheard. After you make it to the train, you can talk to Hsu to complete the quest.

As for the spy, you'll find him back in the tower, taken care of already.

User Info: derkederke

derkederke - 6 years ago 2 0