Question from sleazy81

Why is gameplay so choppy?

So I got a new video card and now black ops runs worse than it did with my old card. Can anyone give me some suggestions for video settings? My current setup is a quad core q6600 2.4ghz, 4 gb ram, geforce gtx460, windows 7 64 bit. I can run crysis on med/high and it's pretty smooth. Modern warfare 2 runs good. My old card was a geforce 9600 gt. I've read in forums where people are all of a sudden having graphics issues. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

mifennelly answered:

The quick answer is that Activision did a sucky job porting this game to the PC. You can visit their site, where they'll suggest hoops for you to jump through, but what is really needed are some serious patches. Some systems run this game just fine. Others look like Atari 800's trying to handle it...
0 0

banglam080 answered:

I had this same problem try this. Go to "multigpu" and set it to 0 (if you only have 1 gfx card) and go to "multithreaded device" and set it to 1 in the config.
0 0