Question from Serp3ntarius

Is this an AddOn or a full game?

I'm wondering about that, because Dragon Storm came out over two years ago and, even though the name is

Serp3ntarius provided additional details:

What the hell? My Question got cut in half for whatever reason and I'm too lazy to retype all of it. God damn, why does that keep happening to all posts I ever do on Gamespot?

Anyway, you can get the gist of the question from that which has not been cut in half, if anyone knows for certain why they create an addon for a game this old instead of creating SpellForce 3, I'd like to know.

Answers

Ychi answered:

Looks to be an expansion quoted from IGN:

pc.ign.com/objects/143/14351646.html

"This expansion to the second installment in the Spellforce series introduces a new chapter in this timeless RPG tale with many original characters returning, such as the main character Avatar, back to fulfill his destiny. New Multiplayer modes and maps offer a deeper Spellforce experience, both online and offline adding MMO-like features while preserving richness of the Spellforce universe and its gameplay. The vibrant and detailed world of Spellforce is back and promises a breathtaking story-focused campaign with several hours of high intensity gameplay, taking the player back to some of their favorite locations and entirely new dimensions.
Genre: RPG
Publisher/Co-Publisher: DreamCatcher Interactive / JoWooD Entertainment AG
SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm,
Release Date: November 2010
MSRP: $19.99
Exclusively on: PC
0 0

Ychi answered:

Well good news, according to their official site it's a "stand alone addon".
spellforce.jowood.com/sf2/fid/?lang=en
spellforce.jowood.com/sf2/fid/images/SF2FiD_EN.jpg

Looking forward to its release on Jan 12th : )
1 0

What is the best strategy for summoning heroes? Unanswered Fredstra