Question from komimatt

is it worth using the Origin game client?

since its not on Steam I've been thinking of boycotting BF3 but if Origin doesn't blow i might think about it.

quicksandcastle answered:

Honestly, once you start Origin you can minimize it and forget it. I haven't even looked at Origin once since I installed the game.

You can do everything through Battlelog. In fact, I just leave my browser logged into Battlelog so I can join a server within seconds of sitting in front of the computer.
3 0

Answers

Slashkillah answered:

Origin blows. But BF3 is worth it.
0 0

Aerothorn answered:

Honestly, I'd say yes. Origin is unnecessary, but it runs pretty well - doesn't eat up too much resources and you can always close it when you're not playing BF3. The game itself is probably the best large-scale multiplayer since, well, Battlefield 3.
2 0

jsant010 answered:

Origin effing sucks. I use it to talk with friends online but the offline/online mode is messed up. Sometimes Battlelog would show us both online but be offline on Origin. We would talk on battlelog but that is a hassle since it requires you to alt+tab out of the game. And I don't know if its just Origin or the game itself but I get a LOT of disconnection/connection errors. The game is fun but it is hell to find/stay in a server.
0 0

Jerkoff420 answered:

ORIGIN req's Too-Many Procedures to run BF3, while their 'Cloud' system is a failure!!!
~[RUN:'BF3'] => Multi-Step Process. From clicking 'BF3.exe,' ORIGIN opens to process 'BF3'. "THE END???"
...NO! Your Web Browser is then used like the normal START Page of any MP-VG. Campaign, Co-Op. & the Massive Multi-Player Scenario seems to be the ONLY function. "Keep these choices in BF3 & its Server."
~STEAM Vs ORIGIN:
The ORIGIN-to-VG Process is similiar to STEAM's (w/o involving a VERY UNNECESSARY step to involve your web browser.) Unless you close the browser at the right-time, it just runs in the background. Like STEAM, ORIGIN in the background is fine, but there is NO PURPOSE to it.
~Due to unforseen circumstances, a 2nd install was req'd. Once I began [config.exe] default settings took place. But, maybe 'Cloud' ONLY corresponds to game progress. NO, it's as if this "USER-Progress" app. doesn't exist. On the other hand, STEAM's Cloud System works very well
`NOTE: Some VGs perform better w/o Cloud; especially when the USER's progress does not match Cloud's. {BORDERLANDs is a good example.}
0 0

Jerkoff420 answered:

~STEAM Vs ORIGIN:
0 0

WesternHaikus1 answered:

It is worth it. If you don't have the patience to spend an additional 5 seconds logging into Origin before you launch BattleLog, then this game is not for you. For everyone else, it's totally worth it.
1 0