is it worth using the Origin game client?

1. since its not on Steam I've been thinking of boycotting BF3 but if Origin doesn't blow i might think about it.

User Info: komimatt

komimatt - 5 years ago

1. Honestly, once you start Origin you can minimize it and forget it. I haven't even looked at Origin once since I installed the game.

You can do everything through Battlelog. In fact, I just leave my browser logged into Battlelog so I can join a server within seconds of sitting in front of the computer.

User Info: quicksandcastle

quicksandcastle - 5 years ago 3 0

Answers

1. Origin blows. But BF3 is worth it.

User Info: Slashkillah

Slashkillah - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Honestly, I'd say yes. Origin is unnecessary, but it runs pretty well - doesn't eat up too much resources and you can always close it when you're not playing BF3. The game itself is probably the best large-scale multiplayer since, well, Battlefield 3.

User Info: Aerothorn

Aerothorn - 5 years ago 2 0
  3. Origin effing sucks. I use it to talk with friends online but the offline/online mode is messed up. Sometimes Battlelog would show us both online but be offline on Origin. We would talk on battlelog but that is a hassle since it requires you to alt+tab out of the game. And I don't know if its just Origin or the game itself but I get a LOT of disconnection/connection errors. The game is fun but it is hell to find/stay in a server.

User Info: jsant010

jsant010 - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. ORIGIN req's Too-Many Procedures to run BF3, while their 'Cloud' system is a failure!!!
    ~[RUN:'BF3'] => Multi-Step Process. From clicking 'BF3.exe,' ORIGIN opens to process 'BF3'. "THE END???"
    ...NO! Your Web Browser is then used like the normal START Page of any MP-VG. Campaign, Co-Op. & the Massive Multi-Player Scenario seems to be the ONLY function. "Keep these choices in BF3 & its Server."
    ~STEAM Vs ORIGIN:
    The ORIGIN-to-VG Process is similiar to STEAM's (w/o involving a VERY UNNECESSARY step to involve your web browser.) Unless you close the browser at the right-time, it just runs in the background. Like STEAM, ORIGIN in the background is fine, but there is NO PURPOSE to it.
    ~Due to unforseen circumstances, a 2nd install was req'd. Once I began [config.exe] default settings took place. But, maybe 'Cloud' ONLY corresponds to game progress. NO, it's as if this "USER-Progress" app. doesn't exist. On the other hand, STEAM's Cloud System works very well
    `NOTE: Some VGs perform better w/o Cloud; especially when the USER's progress does not match Cloud's. {BORDERLANDs is a good example.}

User Info: Jerkoff420

Jerkoff420 - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. ORIGIN req's Too-Many Procedures to run BF3, while their 'Cloud' system is a failure!!!
    ~STEAM Vs ORIGIN:

User Info: Jerkoff420

Jerkoff420 - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. It is worth it. If you don't have the patience to spend an additional 5 seconds logging into Origin before you launch BattleLog, then this game is not for you. For everyone else, it's totally worth it.

User Info: WesternHaikus1

WesternHaikus1 - 5 years ago 1 0