Question from mutilat0r

How to run run from the dragon ?

How the fudge do I get away from the dragon while carrying Foltest in the prologue ? I saw that tutorial popup about hitting the right mouse button, but the game never promts me to do it. Ziggzagging cross the wall seems to work till he first breathes fire, but the it's game over again...

mutilat0r provided additional details:

Th whole scene seems buggy to me. The dragon claws at me twice, barely missing. The first time he breathes fire Geralt takes cover automatically, no right click (or flashing icon telling me to do it) whatsoever. Then he claws at me again -> game over. Loading form an earlier point doesn't fix it either...

mutilat0r answered:

Okay, wtf... on a hunch I switched the game to hard difficulty and, LO AND BEHOLD, a QTE appears (I failed of course due to utter unpreparedness). After a short reload I made it, dunno how, dunno why, whatever... thanks to all for their answers.
0 0

Answers

Jamison57 answered:

Just click when sign appears - that's all. The game shows. Be more attentive. No ziggzagging required.
0 0

Ponzichar answered:

The tutorial tells you to right click when the icon appears on the screen. Just pay attention to the screen for when the icon pops up (it will pop up right before you reach a widened area of the bridge; the dragon will breathe fire then). Other than that, just make sure you just run away from the dragon. I just ran straight away from him and didn't get touched once (of course, clicking when the icon popped up).
0 0

Kevinroth answered:

I'm having the same problem but I got past it. What some people fail to realize is that the game is behaving differently for different people. We can't just run, and no additional QTE's are popping up for us

I found that what worked for me was run to left right at the beginning and keep running straight until you get to the fire breathing part. When you're prompted to right click, do so immediately. While in cover keep 's' held and as soon as they start moving again move a little to the left.

I think they key is to keep a little to the LEFT of the dragon at all time so he doesn't charge us or hit us with his swipe. Hope this works for you like I did
0 0