How do I connect my xbox controller to play witcher 2??

1. My computer tells me its down loaded it to work but it dosent work on the game?? anyone know how to do it??

User Info: bansheeking74

bansheeking74 - 5 years ago
    The system fully recognizes the controller and the configure settings work perfectly in the Controller properties test window, yet the game still doesn't recognize it. The controller button mapping fields are all grayed out. What's missing?

User Info: bobroberts1902

bobroberts1902 - 5 years ago

1. XBOX 360 controller will work perfectly. Just go into the settings/options in game and switch from keyboard to gamepad. Not sure if regular 1st gen XBOX controllers would work.

User Info: YNOTMOAH

YNOTMOAH - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Yes you can, and I prefer it!

User Info: ButtramJohn

ButtramJohn - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. You can use a wired Xbox 360 controller by downloading a file from Microsoft. Google 'xbox 360 controller PC' for the link and plug the controller into your PC's USB port.

To use a wireless Xbox 360 controller you need to purchase a "Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows", for around $30 available from Amazon.

In either case, you need to be sure your controller is recognized by the system before you launch the game. Then when you launch the game, choose 'Options' from the main menu and change control from 'Keyboard' to 'Gamepad'. Note that the game will only allow you to select 'Gamepad' if an appropriate controller is already recognized by the system.

User Info: blue_devil_99

blue_devil_99 - 5 years ago 1 0