Question from elessarGObonzo

Need an eye of Arachas? Why do the cutscenes always prevent us from collecting items?!!

many times now I've missed out on items because the d*mn cutscenes start as soon as I cut down an enemy and give me no chance to pick up the loot. I've missed out on the Melitele's Heart quest because the scene with the elves kicks in before I can get the eye. I tried reloading and fighting 3 times to see if I could grab it quick enough and cannot. I tried going back to the clearing and the packaged loot is gone, just a sword off to the side and some herbs. Now I've finished chapter 2 and the quest is ended. :(

noticed my Users folders was getting very huge from the many saved games piling up from The Witcher 2. found a page with game fixes and a save game backup & remover. hoping they will add a Arachas Eye to go along with the Troll Tongue fix.

elessarGObonzo provided additional details:

Did you read? i tried going back and the loot was gone. same thing in other spots, movie takes over and you are relocated without option to "do something first".

JeffLam asked for clarification:

Did you leave with the elves rather than tell them you needed to do something else first?

Kahlmulandr answered:

Also note that the walls of the field there seem to overlap and I was unable to loot the critter once cause I had killed it against the wall. Basically try killing it in the middle of the field then tell Iorveth that you need to do something first. Other then that I've never had a loot issue.
1 0

Answers

Barky91 answered:

You just say "I have to do something first". Problem solved.
2 1

silenttthedamn answered:

theres 2 arachnas u can fight in Chap 3
0 0

DeviantWhisper answered:

Never had any issues with looting big bosses because of cutscenes myself. Are you sure you aren't getting fooled by the bodies dissappearing (and leaving the loot behind, usually in the shape of a bag or a small pile)?
0 1

Mazinger_Kaiser answered:

^Or did you use your medallion to orangeified any said booty/lootages?
0 1

Ryderych answered:

Try to kill the beast near a recognizable terrain feature. You and Zoltan can easily back it into a corner. Before you strike the death blow make a note of your location, even if you kill it against the cliff.

After the dialogue with Iorveth, tell him you have something to do first, and then search for the remains.

Here's the deal--your amulet will NOT highlight the Arachas remains--I guess this is a bug. Go back to the spot, or at least the area, where you killed the Arachas and do a step-by-step search for the Arachas remains. Eventually you'll step on them--almost literally.
0 0