Question from RA20R

What do mutagens do?

Hey I was wondering if anyone has any idea what mutagens do. Whether they increase the users abilities/stats while its in the inventory or if its used for item making or potions or whatever. I have a ton of them and I don't know what they're used for. Just wondering and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

cynicalsaint answered:

When you're looking at your skills on your character screen you'll notice that some (not many mind you) have little circle on the border of the skill's icon. Those skills can be 'mutated' with the mutagens. If you have mutatable skills available you should see something that says "Mutate Skill" (or something close to that) in the lower right corner of the screen while you're looking at a skill tree.

More simply: some skill have slots that you can put a mutagen into to get its benefit as a permanent stat bonus. Keep in mind you can't take mutagens out once you put one in, and not many skills have the slots.
0 0

Master7555 answered:

In the character screen you can apply mutations to only certain skills. Once the mutations are applied the bonus they give is permanent.
0 0