Question from Je_Pe
How to fight well in "the witcher 2" ?
I've played "The Witcher" and the fight mode was completely different from "The Witcher 2". I can only fight in easy mode , because now it's too difficult. Does anyone know a strategy to fight and not be smashed?
4 years ago
The guards at the begining of the game give you clues: one says he saw Geralt cut down 20 men in the blink of an eye; the other says Geralt's sword moved so fast he (the guard) couldn't see it. Speed and agility are life to Geralt.
* Don't tank. Even with a maxxed Quen. Stick and move, stick and move.
* Do not get mobbed. Do. Not.
* Try to flank and/or get behind your foes. They take more damage from behind, just as Geralt does.
* Many players think kiting is cheesy, but it works great in this game. Gerald does have a ranged attack: daggers are very effective. And there's no shame in running away until your vigor and vitality recharge.
* When you have to stand and fight, hack until you're blocked for the first time. Block your opponent's next blow, or blows--watch for combos--and then counterstrike until blocked again. Rinse and repeat.
* Use potions. A good combo is Golden Oriole, Swallow, and Rook--Wolf is a good substitute for Rook, but some creatures are immune to various crit types. Tawny Owl is a good sub for Golden Oriole.
* Always enhance your blade with oils--you can apply those in real time; you don't have to meditate as you do with potions. Use whetstones too.
* Use sword runes. I use Fire, Ysigith, and Earth. If I have only one rune slot, I use Fire.
* Use signs in combos. Throw Quen to protect yourself, then Yrden. Draw the enemy into the trap. Never forget a well-timed Aard will interrupt an attack and may even stun your foe--that's instakill time.
Axii is a great way to gain an ally, and while he's fighting his friends, you can move off and take a break if you want to. Be careful with Axii--if you throw it while too many foes are close, you can get smacked while you're casting it.
* Use the environment to your advantage. If you can put a column or tree between yourself and your foes to take a better position or a break, do so.
So those are the techniques I use in this game. There are others; do some Web research and you'll find lots of helpful hints, tips, and techniques.
4 years ago
Use quen first for protecting and then axii and one row attack it will cause a finisher.
4 years ago
Bombs can make taking on mobs a lot easier. Roll is your best friend.
3 years ago
This question is open with pending answers, but none have been accepted yet
Answer this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
More Questions from This Game
|No Bullvore in the sewers for "An Encrypted Manuscript" Quest?||Unanswered||GeraltTemeria|
|Why won't the hookers "render their services?"||Open||arb456|
|Possible to "teleport" out of Glitch?||Unanswered||Monofthedead|
|Lag after loads in The Witcher 2 ?||Answered||salomao10|
|How do I beat The Wraiths...The Witcher 2?||Open||wenluc|