How do I beat The Wraiths...The Witcher 2?

1. In the forest I come across a asylum where I go downstairs and jump through a opening in a room. Now! 1.) I grab medical records from a chest. second then two wraiths attack witcher. not the other way around. I can't seem to beat them on normal setting not easy;have not tried easy setting. witcher is level 8 I have jagged blade sun and fire ruin with the quin sign going. and those wraiths kill witcher right off. like nothin. I try to attack and pull back he ain't fast enough. And the sword dipped in specter and drinking forest stuff with it counter potion not wolf the other hollow or whatever does not do a dang thing to those wraith must be the new patch they put in for the game just making it impossible. Do I need 32 inch bicips for this level ya know is it a 20 minute workout on the keyboard. everything about this game I see on the net is to simple of answer throw the quin sign how do you throw the flippin quin sign. Speaking of simple all the computers that demonstrate witcher 2 look like 5frame a minute computers.really my question is can I pursue to the end of the game without this mission? if someone could tell me how to beat the wraiths in depth meaning even what computer they are using because those 5frame a minute computers are really good to use for levels like this. What level is witcher etc.? Then I would thankyou
    Wenluc
    gigabyte Ud9
    intel Xeon 3690
    12gig supertalent
    x4velicoraptor
    gtx590 in sli
    duel corsair 1050watt
    all watercooled
    running at stock specs with hyperthreading disabled for the physx part of this nvidia type game. running like it should!
    gigabyteUD

User Info: wenluc

wenluc - 5 years ago

1. I played this part a bit early so I wasn't very high up. Using quan to protect yourself and the axii sign really help out also make some bombs. I found fire based ones work best.. Use them fast 4 or 5 usually will kill them off if not you will only need a few swings to take them down . careful there are more in there!

User Info: Aminal_basic

Aminal_basic - 5 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. When I did this portion I found the same problem, then I realized that they are susceptible to traps. Knowing that when I opened the chest they would come after me, I covered the ground surrounding me with snares. Neither even made it to me before dying.

Shortly after this u will reach an area that u jump down and immediately are attacked by wraiths. My strategy there was to quickly either throw a rage bomb at them after rolling away fast or rolling away fast and quickly placing a couple of fury traps. Then they will fight each other giving you time again to place your other traps.

Lastly you will reach a very closed area. There will be 2 wraiths BUT they come at you seperately so u can't use rage or fury on them. You can use conflagration or clawer or snare. The trick is to slow them down to give u time to place the traps. You can place a couple prior but if they are snares be careful as u back out you don't hit them. Using bombs to slow
    Them will allow u to place your traps. If u use snares, you can quickly reset to use again for the second wraith.

Hint: The upcoming boss (should u choose to fight) doesn't mind traps being placed before you talk to him ;)

User Info: Timeywimeygirl7

Timeywimeygirl7 - 7 months ago 0 1
  2. I did have a great struggle doing this BUT LISTEN!I suggest if you haven't yet to create his silver sword. Once you've done that there are 3 meet ups with wraiths, all 3 of them only have 2 wraiths though. Before u open the chest use Quen as that will protect and I suggest also putting a skill in magic level 1 that when you use Quen you deflect some of the damage back on 2 targets close to you. Once you have used Quen use Axii the take control of one of them. Now that one wraith is on your side, get your silver sword and spam the light attack button. I also Recommend creating the Krayan Armour as you will be resistant to most thing.Oh and 1 more thing, DONT FORGET TO SAVE AND GOOD LUCK.

User Info: oscar7360

oscar7360 - 3 months ago 0 0