Question from silentcon

Line gun vs javelin gun?

I played Dead space 1 and love the plasma cutter + line gun + ripper combo but since you can get the new javelin gun early in dead space 2, is it better? I've been using the javelin right now and i kinda miss line gun's mines. I think the alt. fire of the javelin doesn't have the power like the mines.

also got the detonator schematics and would like to know if it deserves a 4th weapon?

Answers

-DaNuTz- answered:

No, it's not worth it. Use the plasma cutter and the line gun. Max out both guns and you won't have problems in the game.
0 0

Mazinger_Kaiser answered:

Force gun for the win (especially during vacuum venting stages you don`t need to aim to hit the button) unfortunately its a bad choice during hulking brutes...becoz it has no effect on their weakness T_T keep contact beam handy becoz it one shots weakness always
0 0

Dark_juggernaut answered:

The Javelin Gun will quickly become the most powerful and efficient weapon in the game after upgrades. It will kill everything but pukers and advanced(dark skinned) necromorphs in a single spear to any part of the body, and everything else, including the hunter(regenerator), with a spear+alt fire, again, to any part of the body. It makes ridiculously short work of the last boss .

The two primary drawbacks of the Javelin gun are that you have to have good enough aim to get body shots with it, and the pickups are small. The ammo is super cheap, so sell every other type of ammo and just buy spears. One magazine(and item slot) is worth 1000 potential damage. I went through the entire game just using this gun once I could buy its ammo. I did not know how awesome it would be, I just saw it's damage vs ammo cost and flipped out.

For some reason a fully upgraded seeker rifle takes up to twice as many shots with the same damage sometimes...no idea why.
0 0

What is a convergence event? Open pikekachu
I have forgotten my product key does someone have it? Answered pikekachu
Where can I find Medical Suit? Answered pikekachu
Stross door fight? Open gamermanh
Can I run this? Open superpatato2