Cannot start the launcher ?

1. I have the sims 3 and WA+stuff pack installed, and everything worked fine. I installed thh Ambitions EP, and now the launcher for all versions of the game do not work. Specifically when i use ambitions, it says

User Info: dukedafeet

dukedafeet - 6 years ago
    (Cut off for some reason) C:Program Files(rest of install folder)\Sims3Launcher.exe is not a valid Win32 application. Now, I cannot install any custom content or auto update the game, and in order to play it i have to bypass the launcher. I uninstalled Ambitions and was able to use the launchers again, reinstalled ambitions and the same problem arises.
    Anyone have a fix for the launcher errors?

User Info: dukedafeet

dukedafeet - 6 years ago

1. I had a similar problem where the base game was out of date when I tried to install ambitions. The only way I got around it was to uninstall all my versions and go back and install the base game and then update it. I then installed ambitions, and then when that worked I installed the other EPs, and nothing has gone wrong since then.

hope this helped!

User Info: erikthered_191

erikthered_191 - 6 years ago 1 0