Why dose my game keep crashing?

1. It crashs for no reason.

User Info: zerg0

zerg0 - 6 years ago
    When Does It crash? If it crashes after the loading sequence, just about to play the game, you may have some/one dodgy .package file. If it crashes randomly through the game or when some certain thing triggers it your game/games are you much for your computer and needs more space from the expansion packs or to much .package files.
    If not, have you got the latest patches or updates?

User Info: 0straightcurls0

0straightcurls0 - 6 years ago
    It crashs right after my game loads .

User Info: zerg0

zerg0 - 6 years ago
    What is the "C:" file for the Late Night expansion pack?

User Info: eloving

eloving - 5 years ago

Answers

1. Feel free to copy this and repost it on Sims forums or on other sites. I don't deserve the credit for this information; I'm just passing along some info I saw on another site.

1. Go to Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance Settings.

2. Go to the Data Execution Prevention tab. Click on "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" and press "Add." You will now add your Sims game, expansions and Stuff Packs to the DEP exception list. Copy-and-paste these "C:" locations in the spot where it says "File Name."

Sims 3 base game:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe

World Adventures:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\TS3EP01.exe

High-End Loft Stuff:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin\TS3SP01.exe

Ambitions:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\TS3EP02.exe

Click OK. You'll have to restart the computer for this to take effect. It should stop the crashing.

Also, if it continues not to work, on on the TS3EP02 file, right click, Properties, Compatability and turn off Thems.

And on top of that, I have to 'jump start' my game by going on the TS3EP02 files, right clicking 'open', the right clicking rapidly to 'open as...present user'...then it kicks in and finally works.

I suppose EA will resolve this problem with a patch some time soon, but for now, theres no other info about how to make it work... hope this helps!

User Info: The_Pegasus

The_Pegasus - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. That same exact thing happened to me before I got my laptop. It is a graphics issue, if you have the problem I had, which is after it loads, the town is rainbow kinda, all pixely and stuff? Well, if thats the case, thats what happened to me. I wasn't able to play sims 3, never mind any expansion packs. I wasn't able to play sims 2, either. It seems like you were able to play 3 okay though. The solution? (its not good, but its the only way) Get a better computer, or quit using expansion packs.

And yes,The_Pegasus, that will work, but only for a short period of time. EA won't do anything about it cause its not a game issue. The game is fine.

User Info: bobdawnw

bobdawnw - 5 years ago 0 0