why does the Game exit unexpectedly?

1. I made it to level 3 just fine, but now, a few minutes into the segment portal 2 closes. It does this consistently, I can't get anywhere past level 3.

User Info: nyltak

nyltak - 5 years ago
    Try reinstalling the game or do a repair on it if you can. If thats not it, it could be some hardware or software problems, so close all running applications you can except portal 2 and update your drivers. Also go ahead and post your computer info

User Info: arkbound

arkbound - 5 years ago

1. The game does crash frequently, just like valve's other games too on pc, but if you just restart the game, it will run fine for another hour or two before shutting off unexpectedly again. This is the case on my pc, but I am not stuck anywhere due to it.

User Info: virajvoditel

virajvoditel - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I would suggest posting this question up on the steam support forums, as asking for why the game is crashing on your computer on a cheat\faq website is a little weird. I also suggest you do the same virajvoditel, though to be honest it sounds like your graphics card is over heating virajvoditel but either way their support forum should help in both your cases to get Portal 2 running smoothly.

User Info: Omega_Syndrone

Omega_Syndrone - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. I know that the HL2 engine in general doesn't play nice if certain things happen on your desktop in the background or you switch out of the window. For example, my Dell was giving me these pop-up notificaitons about their secure online backup thing for a while that would consistently cause crashes.

I would recommend shutting down as many other programs as possible when playing - especially anything that can cause pop-ups. If that doesn't help, do a right click-> Verify local files within Steam to make sure your data files are ok, but as others mentioned it could also be a hardware issue.

User Info: lordcthulu

lordcthulu - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. When this kind of thing happens to me, the first thing I try is dropping all the graphical stuff to the lowest settings, using the lowest resolution and going into task manager to shut down everything I don't need. There's really no one answer to this. A game might close for any number of reasons.

User Info: MisterTea88

MisterTea88 - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. It happened to me too in chapter 9 when a tube falls and repulation gel get on the edge after this jump when i am killing the turrets the game suddenly close but i started it again couple of times and it worked!!!

User Info: Abdoo2

Abdoo2 - 5 years ago 0 0