Why do I get black screens?

1. In single player mode, when the game finishes loading a level, all I can see are the crosshairs and the instructions (ie look up, look down, etc.) if there are any (like in the first level). If I move my mouse up/down, the game still registers it, so I'm assuming that the game works and it's just that there is no video output (or something like that). I've been really looking foward to this game and a problem like that is very disappointing. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

User Info: Hamcake

Hamcake - 5 years ago
    I haven't had that problem at all - maybe try tweaking your graphical settings to see if that helps - like make the settings as basic and undemanding on your graphics card as possible and see if it works then. Then you can try adding graphical features back on until you figure out what breaks it.

User Info: lordcthulu

lordcthulu - 5 years ago
    All the system requirements are met, tried updating/downgrading graphics drivers, running as administrator, lowering graphics settings, and turning off antivirus, but still getting the same result. I tried viewing the credits and that worked but there was no sound. Also, is there any way of downgrading direct x, because I installed an unofficial dx10 for XP and that might be the problem.

User Info: Hamcake

Hamcake - 5 years ago
    All of the specs passed, except for the graphics card, which passed all the sub-categories but showed a fail overall. I have an ATI Raedon 9600 graphics card.

User Info: Hamcake

Hamcake - 5 years ago

1. Try "Can You Run It?" www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

User Info: yeekin123

yeekin123 - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Does your PC support the system requirements? If yes, you can try updating your drivers, especially for your graphics card. For a full list of possible fixes check here: bit.ly/gVsx57

User Info: phazer

phazer - 5 years ago 0 0