Question from Zentigre

How do I socket a Gem ?

Forgive me but I cannot figure out how to socket gems into weapons or gear. I figure it needs to be done at a Sagecraft workstation, but cannot figure out the mechanics to insert the Gem. Help would be appreciated. TY

Zentigre provided additional details:

What I really need to know is what keys to use to get the Gem to move into a Socket.
I am trying to move the gem into the weapon or armor. How to get the gem from the Inventory into the Weapon or Armor. Can't figure this one out.
I am really lost in the woods on this one. Sometimes something so simple can be so complex for a boy like me (I am not all that bright).

craziii3 answered:

I am assuming you know about shard quality in relation to gem quality.

to socket gems, you need the right gems for the right sockets. armor/weapon/utility/epic gems. if you have the right gems and the right items with open slots, when you open the sagecrafting altar, the option to socket gems will be white instead of gray out.

note: epic gems can only be use on torso armor, even when you use blacksmithing to craft a custom one.
0 0

chupachup answered:

Make sure you have weapons / armor that have slots and only bought / crafted gems can be used not shards.
0 0

Paper Trail Quest Bug? Unanswered Panner
Meet the Fae King fail? Unanswered Jeffster
Location of the ceremonial armor set? Unanswered dark_shadows
Why does the game look like it's constantly in "slow Motion" ? Unanswered DAVASHUA
Is there any way to reveal map? Unanswered king1988