Question from Arata018

How can i scan planets?

The game shows that I need to press mouse 2, but that does nothing. I know the planet that I must scan, but no luck.

Arata018 provided additional details:

I did remap my controls, but I reset them to default to try and scan. No luck. When i press mouse 2, nothing happens. Nothing at all. Whether I be in space or in orbit.

Arata018 provided additional details:

OK, I just got it. Two days and it's kind of stupid.

Remap the controls, restart the game. Pretty simple.

It's annoying that i have to do that every time I want to scan, but hey. As long as I can complete the mission, that's OK.

Thank you for your answers!

Answers

ShunsuiKyoraku answered:

You first fly your ship to the planet, when close enough you should see the option in lower right hand corner to "enter orbit"
then hold mouse 2 and move in the direction the white line is pointing when you find the white dot you launch the probe

p.s. you can scan in space but this is not planet scaning
1 0

Lord_Blade answered:

First you have to do a scan in space. If you detect something on a planet, you then have to enter orbit, and you will be able to scan for the exact location. This works like the resource gathering from ME2.

Also be aware that you CANNOT scan if you have remapped the controls so that scan is anything other than Mouse Button 2.
0 0