How can i scan planets?

1. The game shows that I need to press mouse 2, but that does nothing. I know the planet that I must scan, but no luck.

User Info: Arata018

Arata018 - 5 years ago
    I did remap my controls, but I reset them to default to try and scan. No luck. When i press mouse 2, nothing happens. Nothing at all. Whether I be in space or in orbit.

User Info: Arata018

Arata018 - 5 years ago
    OK, I just got it. Two days and it's kind of stupid.

Remap the controls, restart the game. Pretty simple.

It's annoying that i have to do that every time I want to scan, but hey. As long as I can complete the mission, that's OK.

Thank you for your answers!

User Info: Arata018

Arata018 - 5 years ago

1. You first fly your ship to the planet, when close enough you should see the option in lower right hand corner to "enter orbit"
    then hold mouse 2 and move in the direction the white line is pointing when you find the white dot you launch the probe

p.s. you can scan in space but this is not planet scaning

User Info: ShunsuiKyoraku

ShunsuiKyoraku - 5 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. First you have to do a scan in space. If you detect something on a planet, you then have to enter orbit, and you will be able to scan for the exact location. This works like the resource gathering from ME2.

Also be aware that you CANNOT scan if you have remapped the controls so that scan is anything other than Mouse Button 2.

User Info: Lord_Blade

Lord_Blade - 5 years ago 0 0