Review by stryfegamer

"Final Fantasy is no match a game with such all around quality"

Squaresoft is obviously the driving force of console Rpgs as we know it today. Some of their best include RPGs such as Chrono Trigger, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, and the Final Fantasy series.........and now we have proof that Square can do better that. I first need to say, anyone that gives this game less than a 10 is a fool who has no underlying clue of what todays RPG requires. I'm sorry, everyone is entitled to their opinion....but obviously this game is IT....seriously.

GRAPHICS: 10/10 No suprise here. Square has never ceased to amaze in any of their RPGs when it comes to visuals. The backgrounds are insanely detailed and nearly look as though they're pushing the Playstation 2 to its limits! I swear....everything in this game is visually beyond average Squaresoft-wise.

STORYLINE: 10/10 Unbelievable. If you like being supirsed...play this game. There are so many revelations and plot twists, this game makes Fear Effect look like Go Dog Go. And of course....the quality is more important than the quantity, and trust me....this game has plenty of quality in its twists. Im still reeling from some of them.

MUSIC: 10/10 I really can relate to earlier tunes like Square's FF7 boss theme, or Aeris' theme rather than an unknow series so i was skeptical when I first heard about this game back in April, but my fears were put to rest. Yes, I am going to complain about the battle theme like everybody else but its like miniscule compared to the great tracks on this game. Some of them are upbeat and happy, while others are sorrowful and fitting......Ill just shorten this up....Its Squares best music.

GAMEPLAY: 10/10 Hehe....youll love this one. Chrono Cross actually makes random battles enjoyable and fun. I cannot remember any other RPG that has done this. Im not one to explain the basics of the batlle system, but I will say to you this. Its hard to figure out, but once you gt the hang of it, you'll actually smile when you get into a battle....hows that for fun!?

REPLAYABILITY: 10/10 Heres the best part. Multiple endings!! Once you complete the best RPG ever, just hit New Game+ and you'll be back at the beginning ready to start a nearly new quest full of new bosses, new story twists, new everything! 13 endings in all calculates to about 500 hours total on this game.

FUN FACTOR: 10/10 This game in short, rules. There is no RPG, or game, to be very frank that can match up to the standards that Square has put in this game. You will definitley have fun when playing it. There is no doubt to that.

MY FINAL VERDICT: 10/10 This game is proof that the videogame industry is definitely increasing at an alarming rate. I have a feeling that Chrono Cross 2 is in the works and will be just as good as its predecessor. Anyone who is even vaguely interested in RPGs should stop what theyre doing and pick up a copy of this game right now. Trust me....Final Fantasy just doesnt stand up to a game with this much quality. Chrono Cross has completely lived up to the hype.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/15/00, Updated 08/15/00