Review by MasterReviewer

"SquareSoft has outdone themselves... ONCE AGAIN!"

Chrono Trigger is a classic RPG. It's one of those RPGs we think about and it gets us all warm and fuzzy inside. After beating Chrono Trigger about 50 times, I heard about Chrono Cross, the sequel to Chrono Trigger. I became very excited and rushed to Electronics Boutique to reserve a copy. Now, Chrono Cross is out and from the moment I popped it into the PSX, I fell in love with it. This game has got it all. A new and innovative battle system (which is really cool), no ANNOYING random battles, and best of all a plot that matches up with Chrono Trigger!

Graphics (10/10)
The graphics are amazing. There isn't much CG scenes in the game, but the gameplay graphics really make up for it. They did a great job with the polygons! Kudos to Square!

Gameplay (10/10)
The gameplay is classic! The new battle system really kicks ass and plus there are no annoying random battles and no experience points. I know what you are probably thinking, new battle system? Uh oh... Actually, no uh-oh. It is not hard to figure out. I picked up within the first battle and it has a great explanation at the beginning. You will love the plot, gameplay, everything about this game!

Sound/Music (10/10)
Another great job by Square with the music! The music really sets the mood and the Sound F/X are just plain realistic!

Control (9.7/10)
The new battle system might be a strain on players new to the genre but old-fashoined RPG players will pick it up quickly and easily.

Replay Value (10/10)
Not even the most experienced RPG player can see the WHOLE game through one play. There is so much to do in this game it's crazy! There's different paths to take and tons of secrets! You'll be awhile.....

Overall (10/10)
Chrono Cross is just plain CLASSIC. This is defintely going to be on my Top 5 RPGs list! This game is a must-have for RPG fans, so don't miss it!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/21/00, Updated 08/21/00