Review by Girlgamer20

"Tony vs. Dave?.......Dave!!!"

Well first to let everyone know this is going to be my first review, so I hope yah all like it. To tell the thruth I'm not the biggest fan of sport games, I'm more into RPGs and Fighting games, but when I play Tony Hawks I thought it was one of the coolest games I've played in the longest. So when I heard Dave Mirra BMX was coming out, I thought I give it a try. And I was pretty surprised and what I played. I have to say this games can go neck and neck with Tony, so let me tell yah why.

This is one very impressive game. It don't break any new grounds from what I can see, but it's very good none the less, the detail backgrounds and the character design was clean. No nasty pop-ups, frame rate is high, you won't have to worry about being lost in the screen somwhere. All the characters looks exactly like their real life self. But I would have to say it is more one pair with Tony Hawks, same old stlye, same looks.

I love this sound track! I guess becuase I'm a big fan of this type of music, anyone who likes alternative music will know all these bands, but my only buff is with the sound effects itself, I don't really here any grunts or tunts. But like I said with out that it don't matter, still the sound track kicks butt!

Fun is this games middle name! I spend hours upon hours learning new tricks, playing with different characters. If you are a fan of Tony Hawks, then you know what to expect from this game. All the fun and glory is there! Nuff said!

This is the only problem I have with the game, although it's pretty easy to learn the moves, but the controls could be just a little better.

Like I siad you can keep coming back for more and more. Learning all the tricks, going through all the seasons, free-stlye, I mean you can spend hours in each area alone. This games never gets boring and keeps you back for more high flying action!

Final Say:
In the begin God created the heavens and the earth, then He made Tony Hawks on this earth and then He made Dave Mirra. But seriously? I would have to say it's a tie, Dave is a great game fulled with great moves, action, tricks and more. This is a must buy for any sports fan!!! Trust me.

Reviewer's Rating:   4.0 - Great

Originally Posted: 10/17/00, Updated 10/17/00

Would you recommend this
Recommend this
Review? Yes No

Submit a review and let your voice be heard.