Review by Girlgamer20

"Tony vs. Dave?.......Dave!!!"

Well first to let everyone know this is going to be my first review, so I hope yah all like it. To tell the thruth I'm not the biggest fan of sport games, I'm more into RPGs and Fighting games, but when I play Tony Hawks I thought it was one of the coolest games I've played in the longest. So when I heard Dave Mirra BMX was coming out, I thought I give it a try. And I was pretty surprised and what I played. I have to say this games can go neck and neck with Tony, so let me tell yah why.

Visuals:
8/10
This is one very impressive game. It don't break any new grounds from what I can see, but it's very good none the less, the detail backgrounds and the character design was clean. No nasty pop-ups, frame rate is high, you won't have to worry about being lost in the screen somwhere. All the characters looks exactly like their real life self. But I would have to say it is more one pair with Tony Hawks, same old stlye, same looks.

Sound:
9/10
I love this sound track! I guess becuase I'm a big fan of this type of music, anyone who likes alternative music will know all these bands, but my only buff is with the sound effects itself, I don't really here any grunts or tunts. But like I said with out that it don't matter, still the sound track kicks butt!

Gamplay:
10/10
Fun is this games middle name! I spend hours upon hours learning new tricks, playing with different characters. If you are a fan of Tony Hawks, then you know what to expect from this game. All the fun and glory is there! Nuff said!

Control:
7/10
This is the only problem I have with the game, although it's pretty easy to learn the moves, but the controls could be just a little better.

Replay:
9/10
Like I siad you can keep coming back for more and more. Learning all the tricks, going through all the seasons, free-stlye, I mean you can spend hours in each area alone. This games never gets boring and keeps you back for more high flying action!

Final Say:
In the begin God created the heavens and the earth, then He made Tony Hawks on this earth and then He made Dave Mirra. But seriously? I would have to say it's a tie, Dave is a great game fulled with great moves, action, tricks and more. This is a must buy for any sports fan!!! Trust me.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/17/00, Updated 10/17/00