Review by Sephiroth154

"Three Boring Games Slapped Into One"

Die Hard Trilogy. . . oh boy. I remember when I first got it how 'excited' I was to know that I got three, COUNT 'EM, three different games in one. But alas, when I played them they weren't too enjoyable.

Die Hard Game
- OVERVIEW -

The worst of the bunch, this game has you simply running around in third-person in a building blasting a seemingly infinite amount of bad guys until you can defuse some bomb and head to the next level. And throughout the level there are innocent people waiting for you to come save them. There a bonus levels, where you have to rescue more hostages, but they aren't too special, either.

Die Hard 2 Game
- OVERVIEW -

My favorite one, though not by much. This one has you running in first-person through an airport terminal, riding around on a snowmobile, and flying in a helicopter while shooting at bad guys. . . arcade style. I've heard you could use a light gun with this game, but I've never tried it. Instead I used a good ol' regular Playstation controller. Heck, maybe it would've been better with it, I don't know. But the game basically has you running around blasting bad guys and advancing to the next level.

Die Hard with a Vengeance Game
- OVERVIEW -

The most . . . scenic one, if you will. This game has you and your pal (I forget his name) driving through New York trying to defuse various bombs spread out through the city. The first few levels are fun, but it quickly gets old when you KEEP DRIVING AROUND and AROUND trying to get bombs. The last level, though, is quite fun, if I might say. There are bonus levels, too, where you try to outrun a speeding dump truck and stuff. It's good fun, for the first few levels. The ability to run people over and wipe the blood off your windshield is a nice touch, though.

----------------

SOUND

Not much here, basically. In all three games, you have the simply gun-sounds, screaming, crashing, etc. etc. I'm not too keen with 'stereo' 'n stuff, but this game sure doesn't take advantage. The sound is average, I guess, nothing really special going on here.

GAMEPLAY

It depends on which game. In the first one, it's ok, with you runnnig around aimlessly blasting guys apart. The aiming system could've been tweaked a bit better, though. In the second, the aiming cursor seems to go a bit too slow sometimes, since it's the only thing you can really control in the whole game, it can impair your abilities. The third one, is the worst. The car you're driving turns WAY too sharply, causing you to crash numerous times. The horn for your car you can use doesn't help much either, nothing ever moves out of your way. Overall, the gameplay is mediocre, per se.

BUY OR RENT

Rent it for a quick night of fun.

OVERALL

These games are pretty much the same, go around killin' bad guys or bombs, quite simply. If you like repetitive-style arcade games, then check this game out. If not, don't bother.

WORST PART

THE ENDINGS ARE HORRIBLE! NONE OF THE GAMES GIVE YOU ANY TYPE OF REWARDING ENDING AT ALL! IT WAS SO DISAPPOINTING FOR ME!!

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 06/14/02, Updated 06/14/02