Review by Mogster453

"It was definitely worth the wait!!"

Dragon Warrior VII has got to be one of the best games I've ever played. Every single character has a good background story and the game play is astounding. Being very extremely long and challenging, there are many puzzles to solve, many items to find and a lot of monsters to fight. If you waited for this game for a decade, pick this up now and enjoy pure goodness from our friends at Enix. Read this review and decide if you want to play the game or not.

Story:

Yuji Horii outdone himself this time. You are the son of a fisherman and you have to find out why Estard Island is the only continent in existence. You and your friends have to travel back in time to find out why. Like I said in my intro, each of the six party members have a deep background story and many others as well. The actual plot may seem a bit simplistic but as you travel through different and numerous worlds, you come across some extremely well told and enjoyable tales. I refuse to spoil the rest for you so if you want to find more about the storyline, pick up DWVII from a game retailer and start playing.

Rating: 9/10

Graphics:

Well...the visuals are dated, but REALLY good for a Dragon Warrior game. The characters are two dimensional sprites but the buildings and structures are in full three dimension. You shouldn’t judge this game by it's graphics (or any game for that matter), this game is incredibly easy to get into if you get by the graphics. The monsters are surprisingly well animated, when they move and attack, their motions are extremely fluid.

Rating: 7/10

Sound and Audio:

Koichi Sugiyama has made the music for DWVII amazingly excellent. The main theme is pratically an anthem in Japan, where the games series is wildly popular. The battle theme, the overworld theme, the town theme, all of them fun to listen to. The sound effects sound as if they are recycled from the previous games but I didn’t mind it too much.

Rating: 8/10

Gameplay: Dragon Warrior VII’s controls are very easy to pick up, as long as you read the manual. It takes a couple of minutes to get used to cruising the menus and there’s a whole lot of hidden stuff to find (you‘ll be rotating your camera frequently). The Monster Park side quest can take up to 30 hours if you want to finish it completely. Level building can also be endless, but the results won't disappoint you during a boss battle. And the fact that there are no loading times, it makes the game even more enjoyable. \

Rating: 10/10

Rent or Buy:

If you are a nostalgic person, who enjoyed the Dragon Warrior series back in the day, I highly recommend that you buy this. If you are a rather new Dragon Warrior fan, I still recommend this game because it rocks. If you are extremely impatient and can’t stand outdated visuals…steer clear (or you can rent it if you still want to give it a try).

Final Rating: 9/10