Review by Mr T Virus

"Everyone hates this game just because it has white people representing on the streets!"

This game is one of the most underrated games of the Playstation Era. Don't believe me? Just look at all the other so called ''reviews'' that dared to give this diamond in the rough a bad score. Shame on them and shame on you if you agree with them. You may be asking yourself ''But what kind of people would say such horrible things about this Golden God of a game?'' The answer is, sadly, two types of ''gamers'': people that think Samus is hot and people that can't stand seeing white people represent on the streets.

Gameplay

To be blunt: this is a 3D beat 'em up that features solid gameplay that is erotically addicting. But I guess I should go in to more detail, FF is a one or two player game featuring gameplay that lacks originality but is, surprisingly, not very linear. The game has a wide roster of weapons that range from rocket launchers to broken beer bottles. Broken beer bottles! I would give this game a 10 for Badassity just for that fact. Now you can simulate all your favorite bar fights on video games! The game features four different characters to choose from, two male and two female. Each has different attributes in speed, moves, strength, etc. The AI has the distinct ability to be both challenging and so very, very stupid. I swear I heard one of the bad guy say ''My cat's breath smells like cat food'', while he beat the living **** out of me with a baseball bat.

Graphics

The best thing I can say about this game's graphics is that they are slightly above average. The graphics never actually disappoint, but they don't offer anything spectacular either. There is one thing they overlooked: two playable female characters on screen at one time should never look that asexual. In case you haven't figured it out yet, this review was written by a man that loves only three things: girls, video games, and a combination of the two. This game offers some eye candy for the ladies too. Well, for the ladies that like absurdly big muscles and complete badassity (I just love making up my own words) that is only rivaled by the likes of yours truly. This game does deliver on level design. It's not so much that the levels look good, it's just that the levels don't look bad at all. Which is important for any game includes secret rooms and hidden items so that the player can tell what is scenery and what is part of the gameplay.

Control
Don't be a control freak! Getting your character to do moves of badassity (ph33r my badass ability to make up such badass words) is very simple. Control is one of the more important aspects of beat 'em up and fighting games and such is why Fighting Force is one of the best beat 'em up games for the Playstation. FF's controls are simple yet very productive. They are friendly to both the newbie and veteran alike. Never has blowing up cars been so easy.

Story
Most beat 'em up games have story lines that would make even the Power Rangers laugh. Fighting Force has a story that is little better than that. To sum it up: you play as for white people that have to go through the streets, docks, labs, and skyscrapers to beat up some old rich guy (because all rich people are evil) and his hired goons. That is why I think most people don't like this game, they just can't fathom four white people fighting on the streets. ICE, ICE BABY...uh, sorry.

Music
The music is average but no where near my standards of badassity. Sound effects are up to par with what you would expect from a beat 'em up game. Plenty of bone-crushing hitting sounds and the weapons offer some nice shooting sounds. Don't worry, Vanilla Ice isn't on the sound track.

Overall, this is a above average beat 'em up that gets it's respect (or at least it should) from its gameplay. What was I smoking when I wrote this...?

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/08/03, Updated 06/19/03