Review by Stump

"A fairly good beat-em-up that you might like to try."

The fact that the PSX only has two controller ports greatly limits the fun you can have with games. When I have a friend over, and I am looking for a rental, I always go for a beat-em-up. This was no exception.

The story essentially doesn't exist - You get dropped off somewhere, and beat people up until the ending. But, this category doesn't really need a rating, you wouldn't expect a beat-em-up to have one.

The graphics weren't bad. The polygons were fairly well done, and the environnements was also nice. There were a few glitches around, but most of the time, the graphics were working fine. The enemies could use a bit more variety, but other then that, the game had nice graphics. 8/10

The music was nothing big. The sound effects fit in were you would expect them to, but the developers decided not to make music prominent. I didn't really mind, so the lack of music doesn't mater that much. 6/10

The gameplay was great however. The players share lives (so that people can keep playing over and over), but can also beat each other up. There are a few weapons you can pick up along the way, and two ways to get to the end of the game. The enemies were of average intelligence, except for one particularily nasty boss, so you could concentrate on the true task of beating up the other player :) The game, like most beat-em-ups was short however, but that doesn't matter, because it was fun. 8/10

There is a moderate replay value, you can go through the game 4 or 5 times before it starts getting boring. I would definitely reccomend this as a rental to anyone, especially if you have someone over. However, it is really to short to be worth a buy.

Overall, a fairly good beat-em-up. 7/10