Why cant I find any chocographs?

1. I have been stuck on mountain chocobo for about 6 hours constantly doing the hot and cold minigame and i cant find any chocographs, do you have any tips, my patience is running out.

User Info: raith018

raith018 - 6 years ago
    I usually get the four that you can get in the chocobo lagoon before you get another power up every try.

User Info: raith018

raith018 - 6 years ago
    I am after dusk plains (i thought that was implied when i said i was stuck on mountain) but i STILL cant find it and as you seemed to say you should be able to find it on any disk.

User Info: raith018

raith018 - 6 years ago
    The problem is not that i cant find the treasure but that i cant dig up the chocograph.

User Info: raith018

raith018 - 6 years ago

1. Once you get the Chocographs in the lagoon and get the red chocobo, you have to return to the forest. There will be more Chocographs that you can find there, and you can run up the left and right sides to reach new areas as well. You can also find more in the lagoon once you have the dark blue chocobo.

User Info: Ennok

Ennok - 6 years ago 0 0

1. Thankfully no votes so I could edit...

Certain Discs have certain Chocographs:
    Area
    Chocograph #-Name-Disc Chocograph can be obtained
    Piece(s)
    Important Items

Forest
    1-Streamside-1
    2-Between Mountains-1
    3-Uncultivated Land-1
    4-Healing Shore-1
    5-Abandoned Beach-1
    6-Cold Field-1
    8-Faraway Lagoon-1
    10-Bird's-eye Lagoon-1
    11-Small Beach-1
    Piece-1

Lagoon
    7-Forgotten Lagoon-3
    9-Abandoned Lagoon-3
    12-Dawn Lagoon-3
    15-Dusk Plains-3
    Piece-3

Forest (with Mountain Ability)
    13-Forbidden Forest-3
    14-Green Plains-3
    16-Forgotten Plains-3
    19-Cold Lagoon-3
    2 Pieces-3
    Dead Pepper-3

Lagoon (with Ocean Ability)
    18-Ocean-3
    22-Outer Island 2-3
    2 Pieces-3

20-Mist Ocean-Get all 6 Pieces, but open this ***AFTER*** getting the Hilda Garde 3 (Airship) or you'll glitch the game

Air Garden
    21-Outer Island-3
    23-Fairy Island-3
    24-Forgotten Island-3

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 6 years ago 1 0
  2. I forgot a few 3's in my last post and could still copy-delete-paste-repost because there weren't any votes.

The ones after Chocobo's Forest (non-Mountain Choco) cannot necessarily be obtained immediately on Disc 3. Some will require the Airship to reach. Those numbers after are the Disc that the Chocograph can be first dug up in H&C.

As for the H&C, you may need to unearth your first Dead Pepper before you can get new Chocographs in the Forest. I just chose Chocographs, Pieces, Importants as my order, not necessarily the true order.

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. Ah, thought that may be the case. Play H&C in the Lagoon some more and go for the Quick Find and Prize Limit bonuses. Raising Choco's Beak Level will help you a lot and working in the Lagoon will help you fine tune searching when you return with the Ocean Ability.

Keep building the Beak Level at the Lagoon until you have ~4000 Points to exchange for prizes. That should give you a sufficient digging speed for the Forest with Mountain Ability H&C. Repeat the process at the Forest until you have ~6000 Points when you need to return to play the Lagoon with Ocean Ability H&C.

It may be a slow process, but it will accelerate the rate at which you can afford the High Point Exchange Prizes, too (a win-win situation).

User Info: Kraleck

Kraleck (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0