Question from Zidan2009

What happens if I'm stuck in the Desert Palace?

Okay, I have been searching the internet for about two hours now trying to figure this out. The Desert Palace is the one on the third disk where you have to light a bunch of candles. I found a video on youtube that shows you how to do it, but it looks like I did it in the wrong order and I can't open up a door that gets me to the candles. I know which two candles I need to light, I just don't know how to get to them.

You get into the library and pull books open, which opens a door and gets you where you need to go.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pKYYytfT4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pKYYytfT4</a>

Okay, I did the one at 5:40ish, which opens a door to the N-Kai Armlet. Then I came back into the library and lit the candles in the middle row (which opens up a door). And then went to the bottom and lit those candles (which opens a third door). I didn't go into the middle door, I went into the bottom door first, and when I came back out, the doorways are closed off. So I can't go through the door at 6:02 to light those two candles.

All the help I've found online just tells you to light all the candles in order but it looks like I skipped lighting them in order and I don't think I can open the doors now to get to those candles.

Basically, I skipped the doorway on the middle row in the library and just went right for the bottom one. Its now closed off and I can't get into it to light those two last candles that light up the stained glass. And without them lit I can't get to the boss.

klmmac asked for clarification:

I had the same problem! I went to Moogle to save and have not found a way to get library shelves to open again. I finally started game over......

_Cat_Bert_ answered:

You DONT need to start over!! B/c you can unlight them!! If you do get lost then unlight all of the candles and start over from the first room to dead end and then proceeding... There is a part after you find the moogle that you go to the next room over and there will be 2 statues on the walls and candles beside them, if i remember right you want the shadows of the statues to be pointing to the left and then stairs will appear in the middle **Also if you dont know this already, if you have choosen to do the mognet then, i suggest doing this,.. go ALL the way back to the beginning (like where your party members were locked up, and if you look around and find a doorway go in it b/c a moogle is waiting in side and he also sells things as well....** good luck!!!!
2 0

Answers

Orchid357 answered:

Did you hear a moggle in library when you light the candle?
If you here it go to the left side and you will find moggle.
2 0

foyah answered:

What you have to do is have the candles shine so that the shadow of the devil is following the shadow of the angel
The hint provided says something like "Have the devil follow the angel" or something like that
1 0

lady0uroboros answered:

If you're stuck, you're done for! Just kidding! Relax, mah boy! If you find yourself stuck, try going out or going back to the previous screen and the actions you've made on the next screen will be put into 'default' (not unless they're already completed). That's where you screwed up. You should start at the top most level in the library. As the shelves slide up, it'll open a space for the shelf on the lower levels to fill in. So start in the top most shelf downwards. Accomplish lighting candles there and collect your treasures. That should open the left most wall in the floor level, you'll know you got it correctly if you here the 'kupo' madness. There's no screwing up advancing forward if you happen to miss the previous candles if they're not so noticeable for you. The things is, it won't be a flawless sweep of the defense activation for the the abilities of the 'Valia Pirra' boss later.
1 0

lady0uroboros answered:

Sorry, would love to help you if i'm in your place though. Hehe!
0 1

Kraleck answered:

Unlight some candles to move the library shelves back.
1 0

Anime85 answered:

Unlight the candles that you lit to open up the bottom shelf, to go in the middle shelf. =D
1 0

Can I backtrack in Desert Palace? Answered mrwonderr
How do I beat the boss in Desert Palace? Answered waffle_in_space
Save file after Desert Palace? Answered edaliah
Kujas Palace Portrait? Answered Louis_1990
Security problems in kujas palace? Answered summerboy94