Question from kegra

FF9 ultimate weapons?

How do you get all of the ultimate/most powerful weapons? (Ex: Zidane's Ultima Weapon)

I couldn't find the answer anywhere else, so help would be appreciated.

KlydeVividarium answered:

Well, most of them can be found in Memoria, I think.

Zidane's Ultima weapon is found by using a Dead Pepper on the EXACT SPOT where the Shimmering Islands where with your Dark Blue+ Choco. It may take a few tries, but just make sure to position yourself of the yellow dot on the world map. There won't be any bubbles, but it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Garnet's Whale Wisker is found from the 'Ocean' chocograph, which is a pain in the ass.

Vivi's Mace of Zeus (I think) is found in the room where you fought Lich in Memoria. I think. Somehwere in that room, the place before it. It isn't that hard to find.

Steiner's Excalibur II is found in the room you fought Lich in ONLY if you are at that point in the story before 12 hours. I don't see much of a point in getting it, but still.
The Excalibur is found by giving a man in Daggeureo (sp?) the Magic Fingertip. I can't remember quite how to do it, but you can find how to in most any walkthrough I think.
Ragnorak is found from a chocograph of some sorts I think. There should be a guide about Chocographs in the FAQs section.

Freya's Dragon Hair (I think) is found somewhere in Memoria I think. I think it might have been at the base of the stairs after fighting Tiamat, but that could be Amarant's. I just use the Holy Lance though...

Eiko's Angel Flute is found in the room with the before and after pictures of Alexandria castle in Memoria. Just look around. You'll find it.

Quina's Bistro Fork (I think) is found by catching 99 frogs. Quale will then proceed to battle you and if you defeat him, you gain his weapon.

Amarant's Relic Claws (I think) is found somewhere in Memoria. Either by the staircase in Memoria after fighting Tiamat, or somewhere else.

The Tiger Racket is found underneath Quan's Dwelling in the ocean. You need a Dark Blue + Choco to get it, as well as a dead pepper.

All of this is coming from memory, so if some things are wrong, I'm sorry. Hope this helps though... :D
1 0

Ultimate FF9 start game save? Unanswered garnetxsarah
Is there a possibility to get zidanes ultimate weapon on disc 3? Answered air_ria
Can you easily be a level 99 on disc one? Answered Bocachicakid
Game Save Request? Unanswered rhyme2556