Review by Demonic Rider

"The Best Game Ever."

Final Fantasy IX is the ninth game for the famous Final Fantasy franchise and the last Final Fantasy game for the Playstation. Unlike the modern setting of Final Fantasys VII and VIII, FFIX (Final Fantasy IX) uses the medieval setting used in FF 1-6. This angered some, and was loved by many. In my honest opinion, Final Fantasy should have a Medieval setting in its games. Although having some sort of modern technology in the games is not bad.

Graphics
The graphics in FFIX were better than FFVII and FVIII (obviously.) They are much less blocky and far sharper than the other FF games. The models for the monsters in this game were very good.
One thing that I did not like about the graphics are the backgrounds, they look so sprite-ish.

FMV Cutscenes - The cutscenes of FFIX were the best I've ever seen in a PSX game.

Storyline - Perfect
The storyline in this game was the best in any game..period. Set in the medieval world of the Mist Continent, a mysterious band of thieves known as Tantalus is sent to Alexandria one of the world's nations to perform a the most popular play in Alexandria, "I want to be your Canary!" however this is more than just a play, the thieves want to kidnap the Princess of Alexandria for unknown reasons which you will find out as the game's storyline moves along. Yes, this is the best storyline for any game ever.

Characters - The characters of FFIX were all very humorous, sad, and happy. The characters roles in the game vary, but mostly everyone wants to defeat the villain but for different reasons.

Music
The second best in the Final Fantasy series, but nevertheless they were <u> amazingly great</u>. I loved them to death. No comments here.

Gameplay
The gameplay of FFIX is great, really. The game uses the ATB (Active Time Battle) which when the bar fills up then you'll be able to attack. The game brings back Limit Breaks or in this game called Trance which makes your character far more powerful and learns new skills just for the Trance. Also, Square made a new system called the ATE (Active Time Events) which are events you can look through that happen right when you play through the game.

Graphics - 9.5/10
Music - 9.6/10
Storyline - 10/10
Gameplay - 10/10

Overall 10/10
This game is my favorite game of all time. I have so much memories of this game and the characters remind me of my friends and loved ones.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/07/08

Game Release: Final Fantasy IX (US, 11/13/00)